We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
Managing Consultant - Industrial Design (Business Development)
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we’ll offer you unrivaled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn’t it time you joined us?
Become part of the Team:
The Product Development and Engineering (PDE) group at PA, based at our Global Technology Centre in Cambridgeshire is a centre of excellence encompassing design and conceptualisation, advanced prototyping, human factors analysis, innovation management and implementation. Made up of designers, engineers, scientists and strategists, PDE has a truly multi-disciplinary approach to innovation which is brought to bear across a wide-variety of industry verticals.
Our Design function is an innovative and creative team of individuals, that have an enviable track record of delivery to some of the largest consumer product, healthcare and technology companies in the market, and we want to leverage this success further. We are looking for a passionate yet pragmatic Design Leader who loves helping clients define needs and goals, who thinks broadly about how those goals can be achieved.
This person is aligned to current design industry trends, capabilities, methods and tools. They are a strong client relationship builder who understands and frames design as strategic advantage. They also understand the aligned capabilities required to deliver a holistic end to end innovation offer. They are comfortable working with interdisciplinary design teams (from insights and strategy and experience design, physical and digital product design, service design) and is comfortable and knowledgeable positioning design within a deep technical community.
Specifically, as a Designer Leader at PA you will:
- Lead the design team (out of the Melbourn) and align closely to the broader design capability community.
- Develop a strong business proposition for design that leverages PA's capabilities - must be confident building a business.
- Build a highly collaborative working relationship between design team members, adjacent capabilities and key “Go To Market” teams (GTM’s).
- Confident working within a technical community and positioning design within that community
- Lead and manage your teams’ interdisciplinary work contributions by mentoring team members in best practices to enable effective cross-discipline collaboration.
- Contribute to the identification, facilitation and closing of new business opportunities via collaboration with working GTM teams and capability leads)
- Lead/Contribute to development of capability wide design propositions
- Demonstrate world-class design thinking and design execution skills including design strategy work and deliverables to further the mission and purpose of our business
What we're looking for
This person is a team leader; they work collaboratively with the holistic design team and the broader PA Innovation community. As a Design leader within PA team your role will vary based on project requirements, but you will be expected to design world-class products while managing the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of your team.
You would have:
- Undergraduate or Post Graduate Degree in Industrial Design, (or similar)
- Proven track record of selling/promoting holistic design as a service
- A great knowledge of one or more industrial verticals (Medical Devices and Life sciences, Consumer Electronics and Technology, FMCG, etc) with a desire to add more to your collection.
- Fantastic communication and presentation skills and be in your element liaising with senior technical to C-suite representatives
- A passion for innovation and technology and its potential impact on the world
- Happy with international travel and a desire to meet clients face to face to promote PA and drive client engagement (30-40% travel)
If you are a sales-orientated industrial designer who feels constrained in their current role and would welcome green fields of opportunity to run into backed by a world class innovation service, then this is an opportunity worth considering.
* Please note you must already have the unconditional right to live and work in the EU/UK region*
- Private medical insurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org