We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join a team of Software Developers designing and developing an Azure solution which will administer and manage project data for AVEVA’s Cloud based Design products.
Senior Software Engineer - Cloud EDM Platform
AVEVA creates industrial software that inspires people to shape the future. From water and energy to food and infrastructure, our solutions turn opportunities into business value. We work with our customers and harness the power of our ecosystem to deliver solutions across the asset and operations lifecycles. We use collaborative innovation to empower people and industries, enabling the planet to thrive.
There are 4,500 of our people in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the transformative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
- You will work with the Product Owner, Stakeholders and the Scrum Team to understand, define and implement solution requirements in an Azure Cloud Environment.
- Active participation in Scrum meetings with other team members including sprint planning and estimating; backlog refinement; daily Scrum meetings; sprint retrospectives and sprint reviews.
- Ensuring your code is fully reviewed, unit tested and documented and delivered to agreed quality standards.
Skills & Qualifications
- You can demonstrate examples of strong design and coding skills in multiple languages, one of which one must be C#
- Cloud Development Experience with ASP.Net Core and Angular is essential
- You have a solid understanding of Cloud Service Architecture in Azure, however any AWS knowledge is also beneficial
- Knowledge of developing using Microservice/Service Oriented Architectures
- CI/CD Tools and Processes in Azure DevOps
- Experience of working with Containers such as Docker
- Exceptional communication skills, working with a broad range of people, including Product Owners, Testers & Product Support across sites
- Able to coach and mentor less experienced colleagues
- Positive approach to problem solving with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Experience of using Agile methodologies
- .Net Core and Node JS experience is beneficial
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.