The Junior Data Curator/Analyst is a member of the Interfolio Services team and is part of the team responsible for maintaining the quality of our data through curation and cleaning with the longer term goal of improving and automating current processes. This role is particularly focused on one product which is the Researchfish system although there will be collaboration and learning shared across the whole organisation and the multiple Interfolio products. Researchfish is an online platform which enables researchers to easily and quickly report the outputs, outcomes and impacts of the research they do to their stakeholders.
Junior Data Curator/Analyst
Junior Data Curator/Analyst
£25 - 28k per year
The ideal candidate for this role will be patient, methodical and detail oriented, however they also need to be adaptable as no two data tasks are ever exactly the same. Key attributes are a customer first mentality, an agile and adaptable mindset, self-motivated visionary spirit, capacity to give and receive constructive criticism. A willingness to learn, and a curious mind to drive their own learning and innovation.
This post is part of the Interfolio UK (Researchfish) team, based in Cambridge UK.
Benefits - 25 days annual leave plus 1 days additional paid leave for your birthday. Auto enrolled into the Scottish Widows company pension, 5% salary sacrifice matched by the company. Option to join the AVIVA healthcare scheme.
- Make use of existing ETL data tools to maintain data quality.
- Understand the current data model for the Researchfish system and broader data set, and tools available; identify risks and opportunities for improvement; provide input to best practices.
- Document all processes, actively improve and maintain current documentation.
- Assist in the conceptualisation, development and implementation of improved tools with the aim of automating processes where possible - always considering the experience of the user providing information via the front end of the Researchfish system, as well as its suitability for use by the stakeholders using the information collected
- Proactively look for and suggest improvements.
- Follow due process used to raise, work on and track the resolution of issues discovered with the data or the Researchfish platform (the current process uses JIRA)
- Proficiency in MS Excel e.g vlookups, data manipulation, filtering
- Understanding of relational databases including intermediate level SQL
- 2+ yrs SQL experience, preferably with MySQL/ MS SQL or similar
- 2+ yrs Python/Php experience
- Excellent communication skills; ability to self manage and adapt to changing requirements
- Educated to at least A level (or equivalent)
- Degree in computer science or related field
- Experience building tools for data analysis or data analysis platforms
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of the research environment is helpful, but not essential.