ThoughtRiver, the market leader in intelligent legal pre-screening is disrupting legal services by enabling lawyers to review contracts quickly using behavioural analytics, machine learning and data visualization.
We work closely with Cambridge University and include technologies and lawyers at the heart of our business. Our product encompasses leading-edge AI technology, an innovative legal ontology and one of the world’s largest legal intelligence data sets.
Recently named by Business Insider as one of the Top 15 European AI start-up companies, with a rapidly expanding global client list.
You will be providing both application support and service management for multiple production and development environments; working with all stakeholders in the business, ranging from customers, in-house lawyers, development and operations teams to ensure excellent product support and service availability.
What you will be doing:
- Monitor and respond to support tickets raised by the customer and internally within agreed SLAs
- Undertake triage on support tickets raised, execute impact analysis and provide accurate classification of reported issues to ensure appropriate prioritisation
- Initiate problem resolution by using knowledge base, problem replication and running diagnostic troubleshooting.
- Work closely with development teams to resolve issues and provide good customer service. Ensure problem routing and escalation, when necessary
- Deliver periodic ticketing reports in conjunction with SLAs
- Provide input during sprint planning process; specifically, around bug management.
- Work with Product Support lead to build automated processes to streamline support procedures
- Working with QA and development teams to build, implement and support the release packages.
- Work with the DevOps lead to assist with the deployment of hot fixes and maintenance releases
- Provide service availability and capacity management for hosted services
- Ensure service SLAs are met through regular monitoring of systems, backup and tested restorations
- Onboard new customers and staff • Undertake installation and administration of local IT assets
- In conjunction with DevOps lead, build and automate processes to streamline operations.
What we’re looking for:
- Approx. 3 years of experience as a Product Support Engineer
- Approx. 3 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer
- Usage of Linux operating systems
- Exposure to Windows command line
- Basic understanding of MySQL (or similar)
- Exposure to Web / SaaS applications
- Knowledge of agile working practices
- Critical thinker and excellent problem-solving skills
- Good level of communication skills both written and verbally
- Scripting such as bash or python
- Used Jira or Target Process Usage of Bitbucket or equivalent tool
- Understanding and exposure of Python & PHP programming languages
What we’ll give you:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- A collaborative, supportive, and dynamic work culture; you’ll work with people who demand the best
- In-depth training and one-to-one support as you build your career at ThoughtRiver and map out your professional goal
- A regular programme of fantastic team-building and social activities to foster a collaborative spirit
Hours of employment and on-call provision
At ThoughtRiver, we have customers around the world. To provide excellent support coverage the Technical Operations and Support Engineer will be required to work staggered hours, ranging from 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday. There is flexibility around these hours, which will be discussed at interview stage. Alongside, there is an additional allowance to support an on-call rota.