We’re looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst to join our Infrastructure Squad to facilitate a period of growth.
Quality Assurance Analyst
This is a fantastic opportunity for an accomplished QA Analyst who relishes working in an ambitious, collaborative and customer-driven company in the field of “expert systems”. We are seeking an ambitious individual who really cares about quality.
ThoughtRiver, the market leader in intelligent legal pre-screening is disrupting legal services by enabling lawyers to review contracts quickly using behavioural analytics, machine learning and data visualization.
We work closely with Cambridge University and include technologies and lawyers at the heart of our business. Our product encompasses leading-edge AI technology, an innovative legal ontology and one of the world’s largest legal intelligence data sets.
Recently named by Business Insider as one of the Top 15 European AI start-up companies, with a rapidly expanding global client list.
The QA Analyst will work with the development and operations teams to ensure optimum quality of product releases, create new processes and systems to automate our software and intelligence product test and be able to communicate changes to all parties within the business.
What you will be doing:
- Writing and performing test cases, particularly for integration and regression test cases. Liaising with development and user communities to educate on testing best practice and supporting their activities in unit and acceptance testing respectively.
- Ensure that all elements within a sprint have been tested, defects logged, and feedback provided to development teams.
- Manage user acceptance testing; working closely with the legal teams within the business, undertake knowledge transfer and providing support during UAT.
- Working with development teams and technical operations to build the periodic release package and associated documentation.
- Provide input during sprint planning process; specifically, around bug management.
- Apply quality assurance principals throughout the Agile product lifecycle
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience as a Software Tester or similar role
- Good level of communication and the ability to work independently
- Experience in building integration and regression test cases
- Knowledge and usage of automated testing tools
- Proficient in MySQL (or similar)
- Usage of Linux operating systems
- Good understanding Web / SaaS applications architecture
- Proven experience with release management
- Good knowledge of agile working practices e.g. Sprint Management Critical thinker and excellent problem-solving skills
- Used Jira, Target Process or equivalent
- Understanding of Git e.g. Bitbucket
- Exposure to Windows command line
- Exposure to scripting such as bash
- Understanding and exposure of Python & PHP programming languages
What we’ll give you:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- A collaborative, supportive, and dynamic work culture; you’ll work with people who demand the best
- In-depth training and one-to-one support as you build your career at ThoughtRiver and map out your professional goal
- A regular programme of fantastic team-building and social activities to foster a collaborative spirit