UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence.
The Environment & Sustainability team's mission and passion is to advance global sustainability. We believe that environmental health and safety around the world are a 21st century safety challenge and through our work we aim to bring positive change. We test & certify products to meet our health and sustainability standards. World's leading businesses come to us to support their transition to more circular approaches and carbon management. We develop software platforms that help our clients track and measure environmental, supply chain, health, and safety management and sustainability data.
As our global footprint continues to grow, we are looking for an experienced Software Developer with a focus on .Net technologies who has a good understanding of software engineering best practice to join our team in Cambridge.
What you’ll learn & achieve:
•As a valued member of the development team you’ll be expected to design, develop and maintain high quality, production ready, code and constructively peer review the code of other developers.
•You will be expected to foster a team culture and collaborate with various global teams to develop software products
•Regular participation in agile ceremonies and working with your team to refine, groom and query requirements and propose approach.
•Your passion for quality will encourage you to engage with the QA team early in the development cycle and help them refine test scenarios.
•Architects will be able to trust you with stories that have complex requirements in the knowledge you will do a good job but also ask for help when needed.
•To continue your personal development you’ll have access to Pluralsight and various other training resources (eg: UL University)
What makes you a great fit:
• You’ll already have some great development experience behind you working with C# and .NET
• You’ll have a proven track record working towards a Continuous integration model, deployment and delivery pipelines
•A strong attention to detail and a focus on quality at an early stage is paramount, especially as the department is currently implementing a continuous delivery model.
•You’ll be fluent speaking English, an effective communicator with good interpersonal skills
• Experience or interest working with Cloud services platforms such as Azure or AWS
• Knowledge or interest with front end tools such as NodeJS, ReactJS, Angular, JSON, MVC Frameworks
What you’ll experience working at UL:
• Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
• People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
• Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers’ create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
• Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
• Total Rewards: Competitive Remuneration, annual bonus, flexible working arrangements and home office options, 25 days annual paid leave, unlimited access to soft drinks, coffee, fruits, etc plus a strong commitment to corporate responsibility and sustainability efforts. All employees receive 2 Volunteer Days off per year to spend participating in an array of volunteer activities.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com and our E&S division page on our website.