We are looking for a Director of Infrastructure Shared Services who will oversee the engineering and operations of the core services, Network, Data Center, Servers, Storage, End User Computing Unified Communications, Collaboration and Identity Management.
Director of IT Shared Services
AVEVA creates industrial software that inspires people to shape the future. From water and energy to food and infrastructure, our solutions turn opportunities into business value. We work with our customers and harness the power of our ecosystem to deliver solutions across the asset and operations lifecycles. We use collaborative innovation to empower people and industries, enabling the planet to thrive.
There are 4,500 of our people in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the transformative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
The Director of Infrastructure Shared Services is responsible for designing, building and ultimately supporting all Shared Services. This role includes managing 3 primary department heads, Platforms, UC/Collaboration and Networking. The team’s responsibility is designing, building and maintaining all of the core infrastructure shared services used to deliver IT services to our end users.
You will be responsible for the following critical activities:
- Platform design and engineering in support of critical business projects
- Level 2 – 4 operational support
- Create and expand platform automation leveraging state of the art tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Introduction and adoption of global ITSM based service monitoring and management
- Transitioning the corporation to a true Unified Communications Platform
- Work with the Information Security and Software Development departments to design an operating environment and data flow that is secure.
- Actively participate in troubleshooting and RCA for security and infrastrcuture events.
- Consistently provide high quality work in a deadline driven environment.
- Accountable for accomplishing tasks both independently and collaboratively.
- Manage a diverse, global team of 20+ Engineers and subject matter experts.
Skills & Qualifications
- Extensive knowledge of core enterprise class infrastructure services supporting compute, storage, network, collaboration and identity.
- Subject matter expertise in at least one core technology.
- Ten+ years’ experience managing engineering and operations organizations.
- Five+ years managing global teams.
- Proven track record of building efficient infrastructure engineering and operations organizations.
- Significant experience deploying full stack automation and continuous configuration management.
- Experience developing and managing organizational budgets.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
- Comfortable working with “C” level executives.
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.