Build your career at the cutting edge of Cyber Security. Darktrace is the world’s leading AI company for Cyber Defence – our Technology enables Organisations across the globe to safeguard their complex digital infrastructure and databases from hackers and saboteurs alike.
Cyber Security Business Development Executive
Darktrace’s mission is to make the world more secure in the face of targeted threats and evolving, machine-speed attacks. By augmenting human security teams and autonomously detecting and responding to attacks, Darktrace’s Cyber AI Platform reduces the risks of data theft and technology disruption that organizations face on a daily basis. Our technology applies cutting-edge machine learning and mathematics to the field of cyber-security.
Founded in 2013, Darktrace was most recently valued at $1.65B and currently has over 1,000 worldwide employees spread across over 40 countries. The technical hub and headquarters are located in Cambridge, UK, with a US headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing company that was recently named one of Fast Company’s 50 ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’.
For more information on our products and company, please consult our website.
Key Duties & Responsibilities of the role:
- Passionately representing Darkrace across their regions, identifying all potential business opportunities through cold calling and new business development. This involves researching companies, identifying the key business decision makers and appointment setting
- Managing sales diaries
- Making in excess of 60 calls a day, including cold calls
- Using LinkedIn to engage with prospects and external databases to build contact lists
- Using subscription-based databases such as Zoom Info and other subscription-based databases to build lists, as well as following up digital marketing campaigns
- Updating and maintaining the Sparta company sales database with the relevant information. This must include all customers interactions, including LinkedIn messages, calls and emails.
- Following up and speaking to prospects that have attended events with the purpose of booking meetings, seeking out more senior level contacts as necessary.
- Booking meetings to be held at both the customer’s site and various Darktrace stands at trade fairs.
- Writing succinct business emails to current customers as well as introduction emails, promoting Darktrace’s cyber defence platforms (crucial)
- Recruiting and inviting VIP guests to Darktrace’s executive events nationally
- Booking a minimum of 10 meetings a week, for both direct meetings with our Account Executive team and Darkrace events
- Providing a weekly report of your activities
- Assisting with various other duties in addition to the daily duties
For this role you need to be tenacious, driven and have the following skill set:
- Previous sales experience
- Looking for a career within Sales
- Be goal and target driven with the ability to self-motivate
- Competency with professional written communication