We are recruiting for an experienced and dynamic Senior Bioanalytical Programme Manager or a Bioanalytical Programme Manager, dependent on experience, to lead the Biomarker team within the Large Molecule Bioanalysis group at our Fordham, Cambridgeshire site.
Bioanalytical Programme Manager / Senior Bioanalytical Programme Manager - Biomarkers
You will provide scientific and operational leadership in the area of biomarker bioanalysis, managing a programme of biomarker studies to ensure timely delivery of projects at a profit. Working closely with both clients and the business development (BD) team, you will contribute to the strategy for the biomarker business area developing long-term relationships with clients, and using your understanding of client portfolios and needs to grow existing accounts.
Senior Bioanalytical Programme Manager:-
Senior BPM’s make a significant contribution to the operational management of the Bioanalytical Sciences (BAS) group. They get involved in broader management activities, taking the lead in one or more operational areas. They operate in a wider remit than their immediate team, developing department-wide processes and influencing across BAS. They are actively involved in the bioanalytical community and apply their knowledge of the industry to provide input into the strategic direction of the business. They may lead the development of new service lines. They manage large teams and Senior BPM’s may also line manage other BPMs, having oversight of multiple client programmes and large revenue streams.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:-
- Lead a team responsible for the timely delivery of Biomarker services to our customers
- Oversee the personal development of team members
- Schedule projects and resources and day to day management of the team
- Mentor Analytical Project Managers within the team on the appropriate management of PD/Biomarker studies
- Build excellent relationships with our clients
- Ensure the team provide an excellent level of communication to customers
- Deliver projects to agreed timelines
- Maintain service area SOP's in line with the latest industry guidelines
- Actively work with the Business Development team in the preparation of client proposals
- Support the Business Development Managers winning new clients for Biomarker projects
- Promote LGC’s Biomarker services through participation in panel discussions, webinars and conference presentations
- Work with the marketing team to provide suitable case studies and white paper content
- Overall financial responsibility for the revenues generated within your team
- Be knowledgeable of, and work in accordance with, SOP's and study documents
- Ensure all invoicing is undertaken in a timely manner and managed in line with LGC's requirements
- Support safe working in all aspects of work undertaken by the Department and ensure that H&S inspections are undertaken on a regular basis
- Degree in biological science, or relevant experience
- Expertise in biomarker bioanalysis, good understanding of biomarker end points and tiered method validation approaches
- Scientific credibility in client discussions, able to deliver conference presentations and webinars and play an active role in the biomarker community
- Skilled in project management, able to plan and manage projects supporting large, complex clinical trials
- Understanding of the Good Laboratory Practice and Good Clinical Practice regulations when applied to Bioanalysis
- Excellent organisational and communication skills. Enthusiastic with the personal drive to grow the Biomarker service line.
- Committed to delivering an exceptional service to our customers