This is an exciting opportunity for a Cell Biology Team Leader to join the National Measurement Laboratory.
Cell Biology Team Leader
This is a combined leadership and delivery role, where your primary focus will be to standardise cell biology measurements that primarily support diagnostic and therapeutic applications, and low cost, large scale, reproducible manufacturing processes. You will most likely have a PhD or equivalent experience in the life sciences and significant experience in delivering cell biology solutions within an academic, clinical or industrial R&D environment.
A strategic collaborative arrangement would be considered for the right candidate and their supportive organisation.
- Lead the planning and implementation of measurement strategies to optimise and standardise cell characterisation and performance attributes of multiple cell types to meet customer requirements
- Ensure that project deliverables are successfully met within timeline and at an appropriate quality to support customer opportunities
- Gather and analyse scientific data from a variety of sources
- Work closely with team members, providing guidance and coaching to develop their skills
- Provide internal and external written and verbal progress reports to the Science and Operations Leads, and represent the NML externally at scientific fora, and collaborator and customer meetings
- Participate as a key member of the operations management team with responsibility for day to day decision making within the team
- Oversee general laboratory quality management and administration, including laboratory risk assessments and health and safety protocols
- Proven researcher, with demonstrable track record in relevant field
- Motivational manager, driving team dynamics to maximise delivery
- Focussed executor, who understands the importance of key goals and milestones, and delivering quality solutions efficiently and effectively within budget
- Solutions provider, to problems as they arise
- Straightforward open and honest communicator, of complex scientific concepts to a range of expert and non-expert audiences
- PhD in a life sciences related subject or extensive equivalent experience in cell culture/expansion, differentiation and engineering
- 5+ years delivering R&D objectives in an academic, clinical or industrial R&D environment, with in-depth expertise in the multi-modal characterisation of cell quality attributes
- Management experience with a proven track record of impact and success
- Immunofluorescence, immunocytometry, microscopy and/or imaging experience
- Basic financial numeracy and management
What we can offer you:-
We offer a flexible approach to work, in a friendly and informal environment. As well as a competitive salary, we offer a range of flexible benefits including a group personal pension plan, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance and many more.