We are looking for a dynamic and proactive Business Development Manager to join our Business Development team.
Business Development Manager
You will be responsible for the development of new relationships with potential clients, nurturing these relationships and understand their requirements in relation to all Drug Development Services (DDS). You will also be responsible for carrying out all activities required to ensure a pipeline of orders and client base in line with agreed overall business and personal targets.
- Contribute to the definition and delivery of the commercial strategy of all DDS service areas with a focus on LC-MS and/or Ligand Binding bioanalysis, to achieve growth in revenues and new business
- Deal with all enquiries quickly and efficiently, by demonstrating proficiency in all aspects of the Business Development process and preparing proposals with limited input from relevant operational colleagues by demonstrating an in depth understanding in LC-MS Bioanalysis and/or Large Molecule Bioanalysis
- New business development - vigorously seek new business development opportunities for DDS with a keen focus on developing relationships with, and winning new clients in target regions and service areas.
- Existing client management - working closely with operational colleagues, nurture relationships with existing clients to maintain an up to date knowledge of their requirements in relation to DDS and broader LGC services
- Managing the commercial processes - work closely with operational and other business development colleagues to lead all commercial activities and processes required to maximise business opportunities
- Administer sponsor orders and accurately communicate all relevant information with operational colleagues
- Strategic service area support - work closely with key operational and other business development colleagues to support and contribute appropriate operational, marketing and sales strategies that maximise our competitive positioning and ability to grow profitable business
- Effective time management ensuring objectives and tasks are completed on time and to a high standard
- Candidates must have relevant commercial experience gained within a technical sales and/or client relationship management role, ideally within a contract research environment
- We are seeking applications from candidates who have a good understanding of pharmaceutical/biotechnology industries and the drug development process, coupled with an in depth knowledge of the outsourcing market for bioanalytical and other laboratory/clinical services
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude and willingness to get involved
- Make a positive contribution and take responsibility for how actions affect the rest of the team
- Team player, able to work flexibly and with initiative to bring forward ideas
What we can offer you:
We offer a flexible approach to work, in a friendly and informal environment. As well as a competitive salary, we offer a range of flexible benefits including a group personal pension plan, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, car allowance and many more.