Build your career at the cutting edge of Cyber Security. Darktrace is the world’s leading AI company for Cyber Defence – our Technology enables Organisations across the globe to safeguard their complex digital infrastructure and databases from hackers and saboteurs alike.
Senior Linux Engineer
Darktrace’s mission is to make the world more secure in the face of targeted threats and evolving, machine-speed attacks. By augmenting human security teams and autonomously detecting and responding to attacks, Darktrace’s Cyber AI Platform reduces the risks of data theft and technology disruption that organizations face on a daily basis. Our technology applies cutting-edge machine learning and mathematics to the field of cyber-security.
Founded in 2013, Darktrace was most recently valued at $1.65B and currently has over 1,000 worldwide employees spread across over 40 countries. The technical hub and headquarters are located in Cambridge, UK, with a US headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing company that was recently named one of Fast Company’s 50 ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’.
Darktrace is seeking senior Linux engineers to work inside the Darktrace product stack. Working with the senior Development Engineering team we are looking for individuals who can enhance the platform, providing stability, pipeline automation and low level debugging. This is a core role in Darktrace and will involve working alongside some of the technical founders of the organisation.
For more information on our products and company, please consult our website.
Key Duties & Responsibilities of the role:
- Work closely with the core DevOps engineering team
- Understand, enhance and develop the Darktrace platform stack.
- Work with the team to coordinate input from multiple development processes.
- Provide mentorship, advice and debugging skills where necessary.
For this role you need to be tenacious, driven and have the following skill set:
- Minimum of 2:1 from a leading university, in ideally a STEM subject
- 3+ years’ experience administering Linux systems. (Essential)
- Experience with configuration management tools. (Essential)
- Experience with scripting languages to automate solutions to common problems. (Essential)
- Use of version control and collaboration software as part of a team. (Essential)
- Experience with debian package management. (Desirable)
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking, OSI model. (Desirable)
- Competitive base salary
- BUPA family healthcare
- Pension contribution
- Other benefits include transport allowance, free lunch on a Friday*, free fruit and regular office social events (* dependent on region)