Meteor Inkjet Ltd is seeking a Quality Manager for its world-wide industrial inkjet electronics and software business. This is a new position, created in response to sustained business growth and product line expansion.
Meteor Inkjet Ltd is the world’s leading independent supplier of electronics, software, tools and services for industrial inkjet. The company’s products drive printers in a wide range of markets including graphics, packaging, textiles and product decoration. With a long-established reputation for highly reliable products and a growing customer base, Meteor seeks to hire a Quality Manager with responsibility for managing quality control procedures, leading the development of policies and ensuring their implementation. Many customers have large and complex systems with unique requirements. These systems can be challenging to simulate, and the Quality Manager will also work with customers, alongside the support team, to ensure product changes are tested thoroughly. The company launches several, completely new, products each year; thus, the role sits within the product management team, ensuring quality is at the heart of all new releases. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a friendly, fast-paced, international environment made up of colleagues with can-do attitudes.
The role will include:
- Translating the company’s business strategy into quality strategy for existing and new products across electronics, software, and inkjet service provision
- Owning Meteor’s quality policies and procedures, ensuring they are fit for purpose
- Executing, or ensuring the execution of, quality procedures especially for product changes, new software features, and new product introductions
- Working with the development team to help them test their work and to manage how their work is tested in customer environments, working with the customer support team, the sales team, and customers as necessary
- Developing and maintaining a priority list for testing, and managing resource growth to do this
- Driving action throughout the organization to continuously improve quality
- Organising beta trial processes for all new feature releases and new product releases, obtaining feedback and ensuring success through collaboration
- Working with the operations team on supplier selection and quality control
- Identify the need for and creating quality plans for developments that introduce new risks or functions.
The candidate must be:
- Degree-qualified in a science, computer technology, engineering or mathematics “STEM” subject
- Legally entitled to live and work in the UK
- Able to obtain visas for visiting EU, USA and China
The candidate should ideally also have:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a development or quality role in an electronics environment
- Excellent written and spoken English with the ability to write clear and unambiguous specifications
- Knowledge of electronics quality procedures
- Good interpersonal and teamworking skills
- Fastidious attention to detail
- Knowledge of software quality procedures
- Background understanding of inkjet technology
The job is based at Meteor's headquarters at Harston, near Cambridge. Although the role may involve occasional travel this is not a significant part of the job.
In addition to providing the opportunity to tangibly contribute to a dynamic and growing company, Meteor offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive package of benefits which includes a generous pension scheme, private health insurance and annual profit-sharing bonus.