We are looking for a senior level engineer who has a proven background leading work streams and really driving software development in sectors that have high levels regulatory oversight.
Principal Software Engineering Consultant (Medical Devices)
Become part of the team
Principal Software Engineering Consultant (Medical Devices)
Melbourn, Hertfordshire with travel ~15-20%
Fantastic package including annual bonus scheme, travel allowance, 8% pension, private healthcare and more!
Bringing Ingenuity to Life
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we’ll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn’t it time you joined us?
Become part of the Team
We are developing software powering ground breaking new products in areas such as
- state of the art new manufacturing lines
- next generation wound care
- 5G and internet of things
- transportation systems
- network security
With exceptional growth in the areas of health care, life sciences, medical devices and diagnostics, the Software and Controls capability is looking to build it’s knowledge base in development within regulated markets. We are looking for a senior level engineer who has a proven background leading work streams and really driving software development in sectors that have high levels regulatory oversight. This is an opportunity to work with clients directly, translating their requirements into innovative solutions. As a Principle Consultant at PA, you are one part developer, one part architect, one part account manager and one part program/project manager; this is a role that truly offers variety and scope.
Our collaborative cross disciplinary teams of software, electronics, mechanical engineers and scientists are working together to build innovative solutions to some of the most interesting challenges. We use agile tools such as Test Driven Development, continuous integration systems & pair programming to deliver high quality software for our clients and are constantly homing our software development and consulting people skills.
At PA Consulting our Product Design and Engineering function brings…
- Experience of how to help our clients manage technology and innovate better – because we innovate every day, for a living.
- Knowledge of multiple sectors where solutions to our clients’ challenges may already exist – because we work across all major sectors.
- Ability to take a product from idea to market quickly and efficiently – because we deploy multidisciplinary teams with world class facilities on a single site.
- Commercial understanding to exploit technologies successfully – because we design and improve the businesses that drive these products to profit.
What we're looking for
We expect you will have a combination of:
- Modern c++ and experience with the STL
- CI and automation
- Bare metal and/or linux and real time OS
- Direct working with clients
- Design direction
- Python, c, c#
- Familiarity with object orientation and/or function design patterns
- Familiarity with software development practices and tools, such as agile development, version control, software testing, continuous integration and virtualisation
- Excellent communication skills
- Project management skills
- The versatility and flexibility to apply your skills to new challenges and solve unfamiliar problems
- A desire to push for continuous improvement and deliver quality software
- The ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, through pairing and independently
- Knowledge or experience of a specific area of interest, for example: embedded software, sensors, IoT, cloud, robotics, VR/AR
This opportunity would suit an experienced developer who is looking for the breadth and variety that consulting can offer, as well as the autonomy and ownership to put their mark on what they deliver.
- • Private medical insurance
- • Travel allowance
- • 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- • Company pension scheme
- • Annual performance-based bonus
- • Life and Income protection insurance
- • Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- • Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org