We have an opportunity for a Legal and Governance Coordinator to join our Regulatory and Legal team in a newly created position.
Legal and Governance Coordinator
As Legal and Governance Coordinator you will be a key point of contact and deliver full administrative support to the Legal and Governance (LeGo) team, alongside high-level executive support to the General Counsel, and driving significant change across the team by providing end-to-end project support.
You will be an excellent communicator with an eye for detail and substantial experience in providing administrative support within a legal, regulatory and/or governance function.
We appreciate the importance of achieving work-life balance and support this with a number of family-friendly policies and benefits including a flexible working policy for those who may wish to apply to amend their working pattern or arrangement
- Experience of planning and managing end to end projects relating to process improvements, particularly in the context of legal, research governance and corp. governance teams
- An understanding of project methodologies
- Enthusiasm for the Institute’s charitable mission in scientific research
- Substantial experience of providing administrative and general support in a legal and/or governance context within a complex and dynamic setting
- Commercially and financially aware
- Strong communicator with a demonstrable ability to present ideas in an articulate way
- “Can-do” attitude focussed on looking for solutions
- Demonstrable ability to think creatively and problem-solve administrative issues
- Strong team-player with a track record of working collaboratively across a varied team
- Ability to work well with a wide range of people (from scientists and academics to finance and operational professionals)
- Positive, open-minded with a flexible approach
- Good understanding of the charity sector
- Exposure to scientific research or pharma/biotech environment
Closing date: 6th October. 2020
Interviews are expected to take place on 8th October
Whilst the developments around COVID-19 continue to evolve, the Wellcome Genome Campus is closed for all but essential functions and facilities.
People remain at the centre of everything that we do and the majority of our staff are now working remotely to ensure continuity of operations, making use of remote communication and collaboration tools.
Interviews will be taking place virtually and the successful candidate should expect to be fully supported through remote on-boarding and working from home until the Campus re-opens to all staff. This approach may vary for individuals located overseas and/or where a visa is required and starting will be based on a number of factors, we will be able to provide specialist advice to those affected candidates
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a world leading genomics research centre. We undertake large-scale research that forms the foundations of knowledge in biology and medicine. Our findings are used to improve health and to understand life on Earth. Find out more on our website or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube and on our Blog.
There’s an attractive benefits package on offer at the Wellcome Genome Campus. We appreciate the importance of achieving work-life balance and support this with a number of family and carer-friendly policies. Plus a flexible working policy for those who may wish to amend their working pattern or arrangement.
As well as the usual benefits you would expect, we go much further:
- 25 days annual leave (extra 1 day to a maximum of 30 days for every year you work)
- Auto-enrolment into a generous Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme, with enhanced company contribution (for more information, see our Pensions page)
- Up to 2 days annual paid volunteering leave
- Up to 10 days paid Emergency Carers Leave per year
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, an on-site Workplace Nursery salary Sacrifice Schemes for pre-school children and Summer holiday club
- Life Assurance Cover and a Group Income Protection Scheme (if on a contract of 12 months or more)
- Enhanced maternity leave and parental leave
- Access to substantial number of courses and training events onsite
- Private Healthcare Scheme (after 6 months service)
- Eyecare and Dental payment plans
- Concessions and discounts from our corporate perks site
Being part of the Wellcome Genome Campus you will be part of the beautiful working environment with an impressive range of benefits, services and facilities also including:
- Free bus service to and from Campus, covering various routes around Cambridge, Saffron Walden and surrounding villages
- A car-share initiative
- Free parking
- A number of on-site venues where you can meet, eat and socialise with colleagues
- A thriving Sports and Social Club which provides members with subsidised access to a gym, tennis courts, sports hall, fitness classes and a vibrant social calendar of events
Find out more about our Wellcome Genome Campus.
We have recently been awarded an Athena SWAN Silver Award. We will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.