Attention: All candidates need to be eligible to work indefinitely in the UK.
No agencies please.
The Company's technology solutions are used by a diverse range of customers worldwide to build advanced components for electronic and opto-electronic applications based on compound, silicon, or organic semiconductor materials and more recently carbon nanostructures. Such components are used in display technology, signal and lighting technology, fiber communication networks, wireless and cell telephony applications, optical and electronic data storage, power electronics, computer technology as well as a wide range of other high-tech applications. AIXTRON SE’s securities are listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. Founded in 1983, the Company is headquartered in Herzogenrath, Germany.
As part of a multi-disciplined team within the Operations department, the production and test supervisor is responsible for the hands-on management of the shop floor staff, approximately 10-15 people. Working closely with the operations manager, this person will implement production and test schedules to meet all operational planning. The production and test supervisor will oversee the chain of production processes, and ensure that these meet the requirements for standard and prototype product manufacturing, whilst meeting health and safety requirements. The person will be expected to conduct team meetings, perform staff appraisals and work with their line manager or HR on staff wellbeing or dealing with issues.
Preferably, this person should have an electrical bias with experience of product test and qualification, enabling them to directly contribute to related functions, implement process improvement and supervise wiring activities.
The production and test supervisor will be responsible for the correct and safe working of all staff and activities within the production environment.
Objectives and Responsibilities:
1. Generating and overseeing the daily schedules/activities for the shop floor to meet the production schedule
2. Management of shop floor staff (team meetings, staff appraisals, etc.)
3. Monitoring/adjusting/creating production processes and ensuring these meet the needs of all current and new products
4. Ad hoc direct production support
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in a manufacturing / product qualification environment
- Qualification in an electrical discipline or equivalent experience
- Track record in managing teams
- Exposure to ERP systems desirable
- 5S / Lean manufacturing knowledge preferable
- Basic use of Microsoft Office applications
- Good rapport with people
- Accurate, thorough, consistent, pro-active, assertive
- Good communication skills
- Team player
Working Conditions / Environment:
- They will adopt the working practices of a modern Operations office and a company wide quality system.
- Projects are conducted at both group and local levels so some travel is expected
- Normally a day shift role, with flexibility required.
Should you be interested in this role, please apply
We look forward to hearing from you!