A vacancy exists for an experienced production test engineer to bring in-house a capability that is presently being provided externally.
Production Test Engineer
Redtail’s manufacturing test solution is mature and robust but requires rejuvenation, using more modern equipment and techniques. The successful candidate will be familiar with current manufacturing test practices, bringing fresh ideas to bear in evolving our systems in an economic and scalable way. Using their experience of test development, they will work closely with product designers to enhance, deploy and maintain PCB and product level test solutions.
Our automotive telematics products comprise multiple radio sub-systems, so demonstrable experience of RF test is a key requirement for this role.
The candidate will ideally have experience of working with third party “contract equipment manufacturers”, operating across time zones and cultural boundaries.
- Experience of design, development, commissioning and support of automatic test equipment (ATE) for electronic products for volume manufacture
- Candidates with experience in the automotive or wireless products sectors will be of particular interest
- Experience and understanding of RF measurement practice – fixture design, screening and wiring techniques, test equipment
- Development of ATE software
Design of test sequences for optimum test coverage
- NI Teststand, including design of user interfaces for production operators
- NI LabView
- Ideally some experience of C and .NET programming
- An appreciation of version control methodologies
- Familiarity with techniques for interfacing test systems to production databases, including remote access
- Specification of electro/mechanical sub-assemblies, and working with third parties to ensure on-time delivery
- An appreciation of production metrics, with a particular focus on test yields and continuous improvement
- A “hands on“, “can do” attitude
- Ability to communicate professionally via written documents
- Preparedness to travel and spend time at overseas factories, working with local staff to solve problems, often under pressure
- An ability to work in a small team, sometimes to tight deadlines.
The position comes with a competitive package including benefits and the eventual possibility of equity involvement.