You will be looking after the accounts for our small company using QuickBooks. The role includes book-keeping and liaising with our accountant as required.
Accounts Administrator, part-time
A great opportunity for a local person looking for part-time work in a small company environment but with flexible working hours, particularly if they have other commitments.
Position: Part-time, 18-20 hours across 3 - 5 days per week, flexible.
Location: Office based in Papworth Everard near Cambridge, applicant can occasionally work from home (except where government advice is to work from home where possible due to coronavirus).
Start date: ASAP.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Maintaining Sales ledger – Setting up New customer Accounts, creating Sales invoices, credit control – chasing payments, posting receipts, creating statements.
- Maintaining the purchase ledger – setting up new supplier accounts, inputting purchase invoices, making and recording payments, creating remittance advice.
- Month end processing – reconciliation of bank accounts, credit card statements, petty cash and foreign currency.
- Processing monthly employee expense claims, including foreign currency expenses and company credit card expenses.
- Processing monthly childcare vouchers for employees.
- Processing monthly employee timesheets, invoicing customers for ongoing work or expenses to be reimbursed.
- Assisting with payroll – calculating commission for consultants, submitting salary info to the accountant, setting up salary payments, making monthly PAYE payments and assisting in the preparation of P11D returns, sick pay, maternity pay and leave.
- Co-administer workplace pension – submit monthly contribution figures to pension provider.
- Preparing monthly cashflow reports and forecasts, analysing sales figures and calculating P/L for projects and training courses.
- End of year processing – adjustments for the annual accounts, including prepayments and accruals, depreciation and bad debts. Assist the Accountant with producing the annual accounts.
- Petty cash.
- Banking – paying in cheques, withdrawing foreign currency, when required .
- Carrying out quarterly VAT returns and EC Sales lists.
- Dealing with international sales tax inc. EU VAT reverse charge mechanism, withheld tax.
- Claiming back expenses for RSC meetings and other reimbursable events.
- Providing costings for training courses.
- Keep the training course bookings spreadsheet up-to-date with Invoice numbers and Payments Received
- Must have experience of book-keeping.
- Useful to have experience of QuickBooks but not absolutely necessary.
- Must be adept in computer literacy, able to use Microsoft Office, internet, email and happy to learn new skills.
- Self-driven, dynamic, motivated individual able to develop own ideas.
- Able to communicate clearly, listen to and answer questions.
- Customer focused and comfortable interacting with people.
- Must be well presented both on the phone and in person.
- Must be organised, have excellent attention to detail, be able to prioritise work especially when priorities are changing, have responsibility for completing work to a deadline with little management and be happy to work both in a team and as an individual.
- A background or an interest in science would be useful but not essential!
Note: salary range specified is the Full Time Equivalent.