Software Engineer - Architecture & Technology to work at Arm's Headquarters in Cambridge
This is an excellent opportunity for a software engineer to contribute to the development of machine generated functional models of the Arm architecture. These CPU and System models are built using a toolchain (compiler, interpreter and static analyzers etc.) for a domain specific language and other tools to pre-process data in different formats. If you want to work on an impactful technology, generate these models and collaborating with many engineers across Arm, this can be ideal for you.
The Architecture Information Technology Group (AIG) is part of the Architecture Technology Engineering Group, which is a growing team involved in new exciting challenges. You will help changing the way how computer architecture is going to be developed and shared with partners.
Through your involvement in this team, you are interacting with and influencing many parts of Arm. You will build high-quality, creative and fully performing software, that aligns with well-defined coding standards and technical design.
You and your team work closely with other engineering managers, technical writers and Arm architects (both hardware and software) to understand and document Arm architecture.
Our software engineers work in a flexible, supportive, and collaborative environment. Their skills are highly valued, and extensive education, on-the-job training, and mentoring are provided to support their growth and career progression.
What will I be accountable for?
- Contribute to toolchain (compiler, static analyzers, interpreter etc.) around domain specific language.
- Contribute to design of domain specific language.
- Contribute to development of architecture specifications and functional models including debugging with unit and compliance tests.
- You would be responsible for building and testing high quality tools and releasing them to other teams in Arm
- Understanding and prioritizing key requirements from partners.
- Designing, developing and testing software solutions, to a high level of quality.
- Ensuring good use of machine-readable specifications in this process to promote reuse, efficiency and design.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Bachelors (BS) or Masters (MS) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- You have strong skills in multiple high level programming languages – Ideally C/C++, Python and/or Scala.
- Strong grasp of algorithms, data structures and compilers.
- Your experience is extensive in all parts of the software development cycle to ensure good design, continuous integration and quality.
- You are dedicated and self-motivated
- You clearly communicate solutions for complicated technical problems to both the team members, as well as customers. Excellent language skills in English orally and written are mandatory
- You put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve mutually beneficial solutions.
- Arm Architecture or Computer architecture in general
- You have experience with designing domain specific languages.
- You understand the purpose and structure of compilers. awareness of techniques in compiler optimization and code generation.
Our Core Beliefs lie at the heart of Arm and represent the essence of our organization. When combined and working together, they articulate the uniqueness of Arm culture:
Passion for Progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to thrive.
- Work with pace and judgment. Adapt to circumstances.
- Take risks in support of Arm's progress.
- Be accountable for the decisions you make. Learn from failure.
- Pursue innovation relentlessly.
We, Not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
- Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there.
- Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
- Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share information with those who need it.
- Care about the people around you.
Be your Brilliant Self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
- Be authentic.
- Seek and embrace differences.
- Encourage curiosity and challenge.
- Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm's goals.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.