Quantum Dice is hiring a Photonics Engineer to work on design and development of a PIC-based Quantum Ran-dom Number Generator (QRNG) alongside our commercial and academic partners. The successful applicant will be part of the team developing the photonic circuit behind the Quantum Dice QRNG chips and will be working alongside the scientists and electric engineers to develop new products in the Quantum Dice portfolio. The successful applicant will also work with foundries and academic institutions to discuss novel and innovative ideas for development of Quantum Dice’s products.
You will be working in a fast-paced and rapidly growing start-up environment, with a friendly, supportive, and ambitious approach. We have a strong culture of trust and respect and can offer lots of varied opportunities and responsibilities for our teams to take ownership of and grow with. We value creativity, integrity, ambition, meaningful teamwork, and fun. We are looking for people with drive and passion. You will be collaborating with a growth minded, diverse team.
- Modelling and design experience of photonic circuits.
- Familiarity with silicon and InP processes for PICs.
- Interested to work on new topics and projects.
- PhD from an accredited college in Photonics Engineering, Physics or related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
- Experience with testing procedures for environmental influences, side-channel attacks, and perfor-mance of optical circuit/components.
- Familiarity with relevant literature and proven record in scientific research.
- 28 days annual leave
- Career Development
- Mentorship Opportunities
- Rewards and Recognition
- Flexible working from home options
Quantum Dice is currently working from home. We will be safely transitioning into our offices and labs in Q1 2021 in Oxford, United Kingdom.
Diversity & Inclusion
We strive to create a diverse environment and to be an equal opportunity employer. This means that all quali-fied applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to national origin, age, sex, race, disa-bility, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or religious background.
- UK/EEA nationalities
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United Kingdom. Candidates who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment, Tier-2 visa or any other non-immigrant status are ineligible.