An exciting opportunity has arisen at Secure Thingz in our Secure Deploy team. We are looking for a flexible, ambitious and goal focused team player to join us as a Senior Software Development Engineer.
Senior Software Development Engineer Python
You will be part of a high energy and skilled team, responsible for developing PC software tools and components primarily using Python. We are however also looking for someone with a breadth of experience of other languages and who will embrace the challenge of learning new technologies. You will be co-ordinating with the rest of the cross-discipline team, therefore a commitment to collaborative problem solving, elegant design and quality product is essential. Expect to design, build, maintain and document efficient, reusable, and reliable code. Help maintain code quality, organisation and optimisation and write unit and automation tests. You will also participate in regular stand-ups, code reviews and project reviews.
- Knowledge of Python and at least one other language (C, C++ or C# for example)
- Strong understanding of design patterns and usage.
- Understanding of the various types of tests (e.g. Unit, System).
- Ability to take crude requirements and refine into an end product, including performing estimation, task breakdowns and delegation.
- Experience of C or C#
- Understanding how to effectively document a solution
- Understanding of Security/Cryptographic functions
- Familiar with software development in a Windows environment
- Expertise with GIT
- Experience with test automation and CI e.g. TeamCity, Jenkins
- You are highly productive and self-motivated
- You are flexible and adaptable with a great capacity to absorb new skills quickly
- You want to learn new technologies
- Capable of working independently and in small feature teams