Do you wish to help future define graphics and compute acceleration?
Junior Graphics Engineer
Arm's Central Technology organisation is responsible for early development and selection of technology to keep Arm's products redefining the state-of-the-art. We are looking for someone to join our team and undertake early stage viability investigations and prototypes to help set the technical direction. We do analysis and investigations across all our processor products, but with an emphasis on our Mali GPU. This is an opportunity for you to help shape the future of accelerated graphics and compute!
Early stage prototyping can require a diverse skill set and so the role favours applicants with a broad knowledge of compute and software development skills. You will work closely with other members of the architecture team to define direction and share ideas, and develop prototypes or investigations in 1-2 person groups.
- Education to at least a B.Sc. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Software Engineering. Candidates with related graduate experience or equivalent industrial experience will also be considered.
- A keen interest in the principles of GPUs and other accelerators including exposure to standards like Vulkan, OpenGL ES, OpenCL, EGL, and DirectX
- Experience of software development in C++ and Python
- Use of revision control systems
- Strong communication and analysis skills. We place importance on clear analysis and evidence-based decision-making, and need strong interpersonal skills to drive towards group consensus.
Our Core Beliefs lie at the heart of Arm and represent the essence of our organization. When combined and working together, they articulate the uniqueness of Arm culture:
Passion for Progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to thrive.
- Work with pace and judgment. Adapt to circumstances.
- Take risks in support of Arm's progress.
- Be accountable for the decisions you make. Learn from failure.
- Pursue innovation relentlessly.
We, Not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
- Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there.
- Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
- Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share information with those who need it.
- Care about the people around you.
Be your Brilliant Self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
- Be authentic.
- Seek and embrace differences.
- Encourage curiosity and challenge.
- Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm's goals.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.