We are looking for a new team member to help us investigate exciting new GPU technologies and algorithms including how they are exposed in APIs like Vulkan and DirectX and how they perform on current and future Mali GPUs and Arm-based systems.
Software Engineer (Graphics)
All new ideas need to be validated. You will help us do this by developing prototype implementations and working closely with a team of software and hardware architects to evaluate key characteristics such as performance and bandwidth.
Arm's Central Technology organisation is responsible for early development selection of technology to keep Arm's products redefining the state-of-the-art. Are you passionate about the future of GPU technology? If yes, join us and help drive the technology forward!
What you will be accountable for
- Prototyping graphics and compute algorithms and features on Mali GPUs. Providing insight on performance characteristics to drive design decisions.
- Working with the wider team to propose changes to the Mali GPU architecture, and drafting new API extensions to expose them.
Essential skills and experience
- A deep understanding of GPU architectures and the workloads GPUs are likely to see, and thus what characteristics are important, in different scenarios such as gaming, XR, and machine learning.
- Hands-on experience using one more of the OpenGL ES, Vulkan, DirectX, or Metal APIs. You know these well enough to be annoyed at their limitations!
- C++ development experience and knowing your way around tools, such as version control systems. Experience with Python is a benefit.
- You are self-motivated and results-oriented, and have the ability to work as part of a team and to network across teams.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.