We are looking for a new team member to help us investigate exciting new graphics technologies including how they are exposed in APIs like Vulkan and DirectX and how they match to current and future Mali GPUs and Arm-based systems.
You will approach this from a use-case and performance perspective, and work closely with software and hardware architects, driver development teams, and commercial teams to identify existing challenges and future opportunities.
Arm's Central Technology organisation is responsible for early development selection of technology to keep Arm's products redefining the state-of-the-art. Are you passionate about the future of graphics technology? If yes, join us and help drive the technology forward!
What you will be accountable for
- Performing detailed investigations of 3D graphics API features, including implications on hardware design and software architecture.
- Prototyping new features, proposing changes to the Mali GPU architecture, and drafting new API extensions.
- Providing guidance on GPU hardware and software roadmaps.
- Explaining new technology and its implications to internal and external partners.
Essential skills and experience
- A deep understanding of GPU architectures and the workloads GPUs are likely to see, and thus what characteristics are important, in different scenarios such as gaming, XR, and machine learning.
- Hands-on experience using one more of the OpenGL ES, Vulkan, DirectX, or Metal APIs. You know these well enough to be annoyed at their limitations!
- Proven C++ development experience and knowing your way around tools, such as version control systems.
- You are self-motivated and results-oriented, and have the ability to work as part of a team and to network across teams.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.