We are looking for expert engineers who are capable of contributing to, or managing a team through, all phases of the design flow.
CPU Design Engineer (Engineer/Senior/Staff)
ARM’s hardware is at the heart of the computing and connectivity revolution that continues to transform the way people live and businesses operate. Working as a team and engaging with the world’s most famous technology companies, we are driving innovation into all areas that compute is possible to help us build better solutions for the billions of people using our technology worldwide. With our advanced processor designs providing the intelligence in billions of silicon chips to date our engineers are surrounded by cutting edge products they have helped to create. As we continue to grow we need the best engineers to join a team building on decades of industry leading experience.
You will be based at ARM's Headquarters in Cambridge, UK.
Design engineers in the CPU Group are responsible for driving the specification and development of the next-generation of microprocessors. They are required to have in-depth understanding across all the elements that contribute to the products’ successful delivery, including low-power design techniques, awareness of the impact of design decisions on system performance, ability to produce designs that are area efficient, and the verification techniques that are employed to ensure high-quality robust designs
We are looking for expert engineers who are capable of contributing to, or managing a team through, all phases of the design flow. This includes:
- The definition and implementation of hardware designs
- Technically supporting other specialists
- Building and reviewing design and verification documentation
- Planning and tracking design tasks to meet the targets at the planned time
- Coaching and mentoring junior design engineers
Essential Skills and Experience:
- You will need experience of RTL design for complex ASIC products
- Your ability to make trade-offs between power, performance will be vital.
- Exposure to all stages of design will be crucial: initial concept, specification, implementation and testing, documentation and support
- Exposure to producing specifications and documentation describing complex designs
- You will have the ability to work under time-scale pressure and meet bold targets without compromising on quality
- Understanding of the fundamentals of computer architecture
- You will have practical experience of working on microprocessor designs
- Technical team leadership experience
- Experience of mentoring and coaching
- Experience of technical interaction with customers
- Knowledge of assembly language (preferably ARM), C/C++ and/or hardware verification languages e.g. SystemVerilog and Specman ‘e’
ARM is committed to global talent acquisition, offering an attractive relocation package.
Our Core Beliefs lie at the heart of Arm and represent the essence of our organization. When combined and working together, they articulate the uniqueness of Arm culture:
Passion for Progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to thrive.
- Work with pace and judgment. Adapt to circumstances.
- Take risks in support of Arm's progress.
- Be accountable for the decisions you make. Learn from failure.
- Pursue innovation relentlessly.
We, Not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
- Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there.
- Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
- Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share information with those who need it.
- Care about the people around you.
Be your Brilliant Self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
- Be authentic.
- Seek and embrace differences.
- Encourage curiosity and challenge.
- Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm's goals.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.