Do you have a deep understanding of modern system architecture and excellent programming skills? Then this job is your opportunity to achieve the biggest possible impact in the field. You will join a team tasked with guiding the direction our future technology and that of hundreds of Arm's partners.
Performance Modelling Architect
Modern chip designs incorporate a wide range of Arm components to construct a full system, each part having an impact on the overall system performance. Whether it is a car engine monitor, a VR headset or a network server, it is critical that all Arm components perform well when combined into systems. Central Technologies Group (CTG) at Arm drives the development of IP across the company. Even before a new product is conceived, system models are constructed to examine the advantages of potential new architectural features. Modelling engineers define and examine new designs within a full system context prior to commitment to an RTL product. Identifying issues early is key to deliver world-class IP used in billions of products. As a modelling engineer, you will work with architects who wish to examine future ideas, with design teams aiding them to identify performance issues and customers to capture target system specifications to ensure our designs will work well within them.
- Engaging with design architects on future systems within Arm
- Constructing early evaluation models for the next generation of products
- Collaborating on building and using detailed models with teams across Arm
- Building system level simulations using a range of models
- Supporting use of models and systems by performance analysis teams
- Building infrastructure for use by performance analysis engineers to enable better inspection
- Analysis of model quality, identifying issues and improving the correlation models against RTL
- Helping to define future direction of system performance modelling across Arm
- Strong C/C++ programming and debugging skills
- Strong computer architecture knowledge
- Experience in performance or functional modelling
- Knowledge of on-chip bus protocols such as AMBA
- SystemC/TLM experience
- Performance verification
- Benchmarking experience
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.