The GPU Engineering Division require an experienced and highly motivated Staff Emulation Engineer to join a fast growing team and verify our next generation of state of the art GPUs.
Senior Emulation Engineer - GPU
The team predominantly employs simulation acceleration emulation techniques using SystemVerilog and C++. You will play a key role in the team – both with hands-on project work, creating and deploying new methodologies within the team.
About the team
Working in our main office, located in Cambridge within a team that spans three sites across Europe. The team includes design, verification and modelling engineers working on the future of graphics processors. Given the span of the team, there may be opportunity for travel to other sites during your work.
What will you be accountable for?
The role covers development and deployment of methodologies as well as direct hands-on test bench development. You will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and assessing proposed design changes
- Develop and maintain testbenches across simulation, emulation, FPGA platforms
- You are expected to investigate and script new emulation specific and optimising existing flows.
- In-depth knowledge of developing DPI based transactors to link C++ testbenches to emulators.
- Power and energy calculations from RTL or gate level netlist running on emulators.
- Developing methodology and deploying within the group and having full ownership of emulation flows.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to interact and engage with simulation methodology team and FPGA development team.
You will require a consistent track record with simulation or emulation of FPGA development including ownership of a suitably complex IP or SoC environment. Be comfortable using Python along with C++ or SystemVerilog to develop testbenches whilst being familiar with the tools and processes for infrastructure to execute emulation flows. You will need to be capable of developing flows to make the best use of EDA tools across multiple platforms.
- Strong experience with emulation flows and aligning with simulation and FPGA platforms.
- Experience of architecting and implementing functional environments for complex IP or SoC’s.
- Experience developing re-usable and scalable code whilst having good knowledge of synthesis and RTL.
- Strong scripting skills (UNIX shell scripting, Python or Perl) – being able to develop scripting to support new flows.
- You posses the ability to quickly understand and apply complex specification details and capable of owning all stages of a project to completion.
- Willingness to tackle varied and complex technical challenges.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well as part of a team as well as experience working and communicating with remote design centres.
- Ideally you would have some working knowledge of graphics principles.
- Any interest in developing system level knowledge of integration large processors into a SoC subsystem
- Curiosity of how linux systems boot and device drivers get loaded would give you a good advantage working with the team
- Your background in dealing with software teams you may have gained knowledge of C/C++
- By interacting or working in verification you could have a grasp of UVM.
- Do you have a desire to gain more experience with formal verification.
- SystemVerilog for design & verification in complex design IP or SoC.
- Willingness to travel to Arm sites within Europe
About GPU Engineering
GPU Engineering produces media processing hardware and software products for mobile and embedded devices. Our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the world’s #1 shipping GPU. Now we are entering into a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for new and existing markets and are looking for hardworking people to join the team.
In GPU Engineering you will work with the world’s best companies, making world-leading products based on our IP alongside the best engineers in the world. We are a global team working across numerous sites and cultures. Your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
Our Core Beliefs lie at the heart of Arm and represent the essence of our organization. When combined and working together, they articulate the uniqueness of Arm culture:
Passion for Progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to thrive.
- Work with pace and judgment. Adapt to circumstances.
- Take risks in support of Arm's progress.
- Be accountable for the decisions you make. Learn from failure.
- Pursue innovation relentlessly.
We, Not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
- Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there.
- Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
- Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share information with those who need it.
- Care about the people around you.
Be your Brilliant Self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
- Be authentic.
- Seek and embrace differences.
- Encourage curiosity and challenge.
- Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm's goals.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.