We are looking to expand the team to build the next-generation analytics platform to enable accurate forecasting of our revenues, scenario planning by the business groups and strategic decisions by the executives.
Principal Data Engineer
The analytics platform relies upon the data generated by internal groups, data reported to us partners, market data and much more.
If you consider yourself an experienced software engineer, keen to pursue the problems of extracting knowledge from data and driven to understand the core ‘stories’ that data can tell, then this will be an exciting role for you. You will be equally at home working on the data processing pipeline, or performing an in depth analysis of the data it contains.
You will part of IPG Revenue Operations group which is responsible for the development and deployment of processes, tools, and reports to drive business planning, reporting and analysis.
Arm sits at the centre of semiconductor industry and touches billions of lives each day.
You can put your engineering and analytical expertise to build an analytics platform and immediately influence decisions at every level of the organisation.
- Develop, construct, test and maintain data architectures, such as databases and large-scale processing systems, to support business requirements.
- Design, build and optimize data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Discover opportunities for data acquisition, recommend ways to improve data reliability and quality of existing data.
Your tasks will typically include:
- ETL Code Development: Data source exploration, extract, transform and load business data from various internal and external sources.
- Analysis of complex engineering data sets, to answer interesting data challenges and extract actionable information.
- Build and deploy ETL workflows for continuous data delivery to the dashboards making sure it is robust and scalable
- Follow software engineering practices: code reviews, unit and regression testing, data integrity checks.
- Enhance data collection and data processing methodologies.
- Collaborate with the Data Science teams to use various statistical and Machine Learning models to build predictive analytical products.
Qualification and Professional Skills:
- A Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Maths or another quantitive fields. Other degree types will be considered with relevant experience.
- Experience with relational SQL, NoSQL and OLAP databases, including MSSQL, Postgres, and MongoDB.
- Extensive experience with data pipelines, workflow management tools and micro-services architecture.
- Extensive experience in data engineering using C++, Python, Go, Scala or equivalents.
- Proficient in Statistics, numerical algorithms and data structure.
- Sound understanding of software development process and practices such as coding standards, code reviews and version control systems.
- Working knowledge of data visualisation tools such as Tableau, D3.js, etc.
Our Core Beliefs lie at the heart of Arm and represent the essence of our organization. When combined and working together, they articulate the uniqueness of Arm culture:
Passion for Progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to thrive.
- Work with pace and judgment. Adapt to circumstances.
- Take risks in support of Arm's progress.
- Be accountable for the decisions you make. Learn from failure.
- Pursue innovation relentlessly.
We, Not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
- Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there.
- Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
- Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share information with those who need it.
- Care about the people around you.
Be your Brilliant Self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
- Be authentic.
- Seek and embrace differences.
- Encourage curiosity and challenge.
- Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm's goals.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.