Sepura are seeking a Senior Software Release Engineer, with a keen interest in continuous integration and continuous delivery and related quality practices, to work in a focused team delivering Critical Communication products software to internal stakeholders
Senior Software Release (CI/CD) Engineer
As part of the Software Release team, you will be responsible for the fast and efficient delivery of software builds from Developers to Testers. This involves ensuring a high degree of maintenance of the automated build, test and delivery tool chain. It also involves continuous improvement to the delivery process and tools.
Main duties will include:
- Make regular software deliveries to the test team
- Create, maintain and improve the CI/CD tools using your knowledge of Computing and your programming/scripting skills
- Monitor the performance and effectiveness of the automated tool chain
- Provide training and continuous integration tools account maintenance for software developers
You may also be required to carry out other software development support duties as they are required to meet business needs.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable professional experience (2 years+) delivering software using an automated tool chain
- A number of years working with Windows and Linux machines
- Developed technical problem solving
- Structured work practice and proven incident management skills
- Deep understanding of Software Applications, Build, Analysis and Test Tool Systems construction
- Practical understanding of the Software development process
- Able to script in some of these languages: Bash, CommandShell/PowerShell, Perl, Python
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Clear communication in a variety of formats relevant to the target audience
- Test results analysis and reporting using various reporting tools or scripts
- Some experience working with a number of these tools, or equivalents: Perforce/Git, TeamCity/Jenkin, Klocwork/Coverity, Artifactory, JIRA, Incredibuild, etc.
- Some knowledge of industry recognised test automation tools e.g. Appium, Cucumber, Selenium, TestComplete, etc.
- Able to source, assemble/build and commission an automated build, test and delivery equipment
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent level of expertise in a scientific or engineering related subject
- Passionate about programming/scripting and delivery automation
- Conscientious and quality focused with an eye for continuous improvement
- Team player but equally happy working autonomously
- Customer and results focused
- Maintains an awareness of industry software continuous integration and continuous delivery, and DevOps, practices and related customer needs