Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
Software Engineer C# - Remote Options
We make great software that our users love. You’ll be the technical leader of a small team, working with a product owner to develop and drive our flagship Ansys GRANTA MI software product, used by world-leading companies such as Airbus, Boeing, Ethicon Surgical Care, General Motors, Jaguar Land Rover, NASA, Philips, Rolls Royce & Universities across the globe. We are passionate about creating software to the best of our ability and work hard to understand our users’ needs, working with autonomy but collaboratively on all aspects from initial UI design through to testing.
Due to the current climate, we are happy to look at candidates who need remote options.
What our developers do
We mostly develop in C# on Visual Studio or Rider, and provide all developers with an MSDN subscription and a ReSharper license. We have a no-blame peer review culture, via GitHub pull requests, with the aim of encouraging excellence, improvement and learning.
We work closely with product owners to define features and priorities, allowing us to get involved in understanding our customer needs and balancing them against development costs. We use Agile processes and have daily stand-ups and regular retrospectives to keep us honest and transparent. We take continuous improvement seriously: everyone’s opinion is valid and listened to. We use JIRA to host a Kanban board, and show key metrics and our TeamCity build status on a team radiator.
Find out more about our products here: https://www.ansys.com/products/materials
What you will work on
Some of the things you might be doing:
- Developing innovative new ways for customers to interact with their Materials data
- Building robust back-end solutions to enable customers to manage their Materials databases
- Optimising the application to satisfy the rapid growth of information stored in MI
- Evolving the product suite to keep pace with the changing needs of our clients
We value a range of skills. The ideal candidate will have some or all of the following:
- Extensive development experience with C# and the .NET framework and good knowledge of .NET libraries and frameworks, including idiomatic usage
- The ability to make effective use of debugging, diagnostic and profiling tools to build efficient software
- The analytical skills to effectively resolve technical problems with simple solutions and be able to build consensus around those solutions
- Effective written and verbal communication, presentation skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in refactoring, including techniques to develop and extend legacy code
- Customer focus and a good awareness of software usability issues
- Expertise in the optimized use of SQL Server in an application environment
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.