Due to ongoing success and internal growth, we are looking for a Consultant to join our Economic Modelling Group.
Consultant, Economic Modelling
Cogentia is a specialist consulting company focused on Health Economics and Market Access within the Life Sciences industry, an area that is of increasing importance to pharmaceutical, biotech and medtech companies and to National Health Systems around the world where their products are used. Cogentia works with a range of clients, across many different therapy areas and technologies.
Our Economic Modelling Group is a key department within the business, developing economic evaluations for Health Technology Appraisals, early product value assessments as well as peer reviewed publications.
The Consultant (Economic Modelling) has the following responsibilities:
- Ownership of projects and management of project teams to ensure clients receive high quality deliverables in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Support/Mentorship of less experienced team members.
- Interpreting data within the context of the project
- Conceptualising and implementing economic models
- Undertaking QC of economic models
- Adapting core models to specific markets
- Identifying, extracting and synthesising a range of evidence to support model development
- Contributing to high-quality project deliverables including reports, models and presentations
- Business Development – while this is a primary responsibility of the Directors, our consultants play a key role in business development, especially in:
- Identifying opportunities for follow-on work and new leads
- Supporting the development of intellectual property for use on future engagements
- Supporting development of proposals
- Development of strong relationships with clients, payers, healthcare professionals, key opinion leaders
Candidates are expected to satisfy the following criteria:
- 2+ years of experience in health economic modelling is essential
- Experience of designing and building health economics models (built at least 3 cost-utility models in Excel with minimal guidance)
- Experience preparing data for economic models using STATA, R or SAS
- Experience developing submissions to national HTA bodies (e.g. NICE) is desirable
- Strong project management skills, with proven ability to work to strict project deadlines
- An entrepreneurial approach – demonstrating a desire to take on new challenges with a resourceful attitude
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal English as well as strong interpersonal skills including effective listening and negotiation. Additional language ability is desirable.
- Commitment to developing self and others
- A PhD or MSc in health economics or a life sciences subject (e.g. medicine, physiology, biochemistry, pharmacology, pharmacy)
- Right to work in UK
We offer an attractive starting salary and benefits, a great central Cambridge location and a friendly and supportive work-environment.
To apply, please submit your CV along with a covering letter.