Are you interested in helping deliver a product targeted at a multi-billion unit market? Thousands of businesses are undergoing a digital transformation to connect MCU based devices to the internet. 9 billion MCU based devices are shipped every year, and our team is building a turn-key, end-to-end secure platform for the internet of things.
Senior Software Engineer
We're looking for engineers to join the Azure Sphere team. As a team member you'll help us define, build and ship the software tools and reference solutions that enable our customers to deliver Azure Sphere based products.
We are a rapidly growing team and multiple positions exist within our customer experiences team.
Come join us! Team members have unparalleled opportunity to rapidly learn new skill sets, build pioneering solutions, and get exposure to a wide array of technologies. To learn more about this exciting new project, please visit www.microsoft.com/en-us/azure-sphere.
Architect, design, and implement features for our customer facing SDK, including framework for the CLI and infrastructure to support host PC to device communication.
Build installation packages for multiple platforms to be published to external users.
Collaborate within and across teams to build software prototypes and conduct experiments to evaluate alternative technologies and architectures.
Take end-to-end responsibility for the development, quality, diagnosability, and testing of the software you build.
- 5 or more years of software design and development experience using Agile methodology.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or computer engineering, OR an additional 5 years' work experience.
- Experience developing production software using both low level languages (e.g., C, C++) and high-level languages (e.g., Python, C#).
- Extensive commercial experience of networking technologies.
- 7 or more years of experience working on a commercial software product.
- Experience using software or hardware debuggers to debug issues.
- Embedded software development experience in a professional capacity.
- Familiarity with both Linux and Windows operating systems.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Secure Screen: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check and credit history analysis upon hire/transfer and every year thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away