As a Senior Integration Software Engineer, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team, collaborating closely with Business Analysts and Project Management, with opportunities to work cross-functionally with other departments across Bango.
Senior Integration Development Engineer
At Bango, you will have a fantastic opportunity to make significant contributions to Bango customer integrations, solution innovation and process evolution. You will be the technical lead developing new bespoke integrations, as well as supporting operational and implementational needs for the business and our customers.
You will be a technical role model to those around you, leading by example, and guiding and assisting others to bring the skills of those around you to a higher level. You will always have an eye on best practices and working principles and will assist in defining and evolving the team’s way of working to support our future needs.
You will help drive engagements to ensure successful outcomes. Our integration programmes will be delivered on time, to the highest quality levels, and you will help to embrace and encourage continuous improvement principles across the team. Each lesson learned from a project will present itself to you as an opportunity to improve Bango methods and procedures.
This is a great opportunity to build a rewarding career based on continuous improvement. Bango will provide an excellent working environment, flexible working options, abundant personal development opportunities, investment in training, the opportunity to innovate, and a chance to work with exciting global partners, like Google, Microsoft and Amazon.
- Lead definition of work and collaborate with Business Analysts to break down high level requirements into understandable pieces of work
- Build API integrations for partners, supporting their interaction with the Bango Platform, driving correct technology usage and adoption
- Create and update integration templates to deliver consistent, repeatable, and easily supported integrations
- Write code and automated tests for new integrations
- Peer review team members’ code, driving consistency and best practices across the team
- Mentor other team members with new technologies and approaches
- Provide high confidence effort estimates for our integration projects
- Work with Platform Operations to understand monitoring and support requirements
- Facilitate delivery and technical handover of integrations into support team
- Work with Automation/DevOps Engineers to implement effective CI/CD pipelines
- Proven background in software development processes
- Strong experience with Python
- A good understanding of RESTful / SOAP web services
- Good working understanding of cloud technologies such as AWS, Google or Azure, or a strong willingness to learn quickly
- Experience with database technologies, ideally DynamoDB (NoSQL) or MySQL
- Good understanding of Configuration Management
- Comfort and sound understanding of identity and authentication principles (e.g. OAuth)
- An analytical mind, with problem solving skills (both alone and with colleagues)
- Passion for technology and enthusiastic personality, capable of hitting the ground running
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written
- Experience in mentoring others and leading small projects
- Fully eligible to work in UK; Visa sponsorship is not offered
- Sound understanding of Cloud architecture principles and platform (AWS)
- Experience with serverless technologies such as AWS Lambda
Working at Bango
At Bango you'll enjoy fast-paced, challenging and stimulating work within a small team. Our decision making is quick, and we work to short development cycles. Everyone gets involved in team-based projects and decisions regardless of their role or job level. We strive to make everyone feel an important part of Bango and be able to make a difference. The company is growing and has achieved success worldwide, but the best is yet to come. We are looking for enthusiastic and committed people to join us to keep up our pace of innovation and leadership.
- Friendly, informal working environment
- Your own Bango buddy - to help you settle in
- Bendi-time (flexible working hours)
- Bango social events
- Choose your own headphones, keyboard & mouse
- Generous share option scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- 25 days holiday a year increasing to 28 days with 4 years’ service
- Cycle to work, childcare vouchers, gym discount
- Financial support for employee activity groups and charitable activities
- Free fruit, drinks and snacks, limitless tea, coffee and good quality espressos
- Company branded hoodie, slippers … to keep you happy and comfortable
- Group personal pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Employee Assistance Program
App developers, stores and payment providers cross the threshold into the Bango ecosystem to converge, grow and thrive.
By bringing businesses together and powering e-commerce with unique data-driven insights, Bango delivers new business opportunities and new dimensions of growth for customers around the world. Being inside the Bango circle means global merchants including Amazon, Google and Microsoft can work together with payment partners from Africa to the Americas, accelerating the performance of everyone on the inside.
Bango. Thrive inside the circle.