Reporting to a team leader, the QA Engineer is responsible for performing the day-to-day QA activities required within the Agile development team.
This includes writing test plans, creating, maintaining and executing automated test suites and performing manual and exploratory testing of new releases & bug fixes where required.
You will work in close collaboration with the developers through the full development cycle to ensure that quality is instilled as early as possible and carried through to the final Live product. Ensuring that all Bango products meet customer’s functional requirements and perform to internal and external SLAs.
- Create, maintain and execute automated tests to support agile software development and in line with the automation strategy
- Run exploratory and usability tests using various testing tools.
- Follow best practices of the QA team and assist in driving the QA strategy.
- Help influence developers on how they approach testing, guiding design of development test automation suites.
- Analyse new releases to create appropriate testing plans.
- Expected to support leading an automation-first and test-driven development mindset across the teams.
- Good experience in building automated functional regression test suites.
- Some experience and knowledge of using programming languages.
- Experience in testing APIs, SOAP & REST Web services, Websites / Web applications.
- Working experience in Agile development teams and understanding of development processes and concepts.
- Experience with development collaboration and tracking tools such as Jira, Confluence and Trello
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies and techniques.
- Able to influence and manage internal stakeholders to ensure customer objectives are understood and met.
- Able to manage your own time and handle multi-task delivery, working to short timescales.
- Good analytical mind – problem solving skills; on your own or brainstorming with colleagues.
- Good investigatory skills – able to find, outline and fix issues that arise in system.
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written - to talk about your work with both technical and non-technical people.
- Experience with test automation tools, including NUnit testing framework or similar.
- Experience of programming or scripting languages (C#, Python).
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration using Team City or similar.
- Experience of load and performance testing.
- Cambridge, UK
- A friendly, informal working environment
- Your own Bango buddy - to help you settle in
- Bendi-time (flexible working hours)
- Bango social events
- Choose your own headphones, keyboard & mouse
- Generous share option scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- 25 days holiday a year increasing to 28 days with 4 years' service
- Cycle to work, gym discount
- Weekly onsite Pilates and Yoga classes, weekly onsite massages
- Financial support for employee activity groups and charitable activities
- Free fruit, drinks and snacks, limitless tea, coffee and good quality espressos
- Company branded hoodie… to keep you happy and comfortable
- Group personal pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Income Protection
- Personlised and Bango branded Chilly's bottle
App developers, stores and payment providers cross the threshold into the Bango ecosystem to converge, grow and thrive.
By bringing businesses together and powering e-commerce with unique data-driven insights, Bango delivers new business opportunities and new dimensions of growth for customers around the world. Being inside the Bango circle means global merchants including Amazon, Google and Microsoft can work together with payment partners from Africa to the Americas, accelerating the performance of everyone on the inside.
Bango. Think inside the circle.