As a Technical Product Manager, you will lead the definition of product requirements and be responsible for the review and approval of proposed implementation, resource cost and lead-time with Engineering.
Technical Product Manager
Reporting to SVP Payments Products Strategy and Sales, the Technical Product Manager will drive the technical realization of Bango product promises, in close collaboration with the Product Marketing, Engineering and Support functions in alignment with Bango customers.
You will proactively drive the continued development of your products and new features, with innovative ideas and powerful solutions for the worlds biggest customers including Amazon, Google, Netflix and more.
- Work with Product Marketing to refine roadmap features to maximise their potential value and ensure technical deliverability
- Drive the deeper definition of the product promise into clear definition of requirements, ready for development review and solution proposals setting clear priorities for delivery
- Consult, review and approve the development proposal for product features and other changes with the Engineering team
- Engage with customers with deep technical knowledge, uncovering and understanding customer needs and translating them into productised solutions
- Define and deliver detailed product training, communicating the power and flexibility of Bango products to customers and internal teams
- Own and maintain clear product documentation for Bango products, components and architecture
- Be a key contributor, working with Technical Sales, to respond to RFP / RFQ processes
- Continually review, refine and plan improvements on key product KPIs and performance standards
- Manage product and feature lifecycles through ideas, design, live service and end-of-life phases
- Track and co-ordinate product feature deliveries against customer delivery and other programs, ensuring all dependencies are well met and delivered on time
- Ability to work with many disciplines, including Marketing, Engineering, Solution Architects and Support teams
- Technical Product Manager, or Product Owner, experience in software technology, preferably with cloud software services
- Ingenuity – the ability to take unconventional approaches that distinguish Bango from its peer group
- Strong technical skills across system design / architecture and interfaces, including RESTful APIs
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to lead and conclude debate around product marketing priorities, key messages and unique product value
- Data driven, insightful decision making based on business priorities and values
- Clear understanding of requirements engineering and product lifecycle processes
- Ability to influence and manage internal stakeholders, to ensure stakeholder, customer goals and objectives are understood, and met within agreed prioritization.
- Great written and oral communication skills, able to influence and enthuse others
- Excellent teamworking skills and experience collaborating with and influencing other teams
- Self-motivated and highly self-sufficient, with the ability to prioritize your own outcomes based on business objectives
- Willing to travel to meet our global customers and partners (situation and travel rules permitting)
- Experience in both start-up and corporate environments
- Experience in payments, subscriptions or similar software solutions
- Understanding of product implementation principles and software development methodologies
- Experience with responding to large corporate procurement processes
- A friendly, informal working environment
- Your own Bango buddy - to help you settle in
- Bendi-time (flexible working hours)
- Bango social events
- Choose your own headphones, keyboard & mouse
- Generous share option scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- 25 days holiday a year increasing to 28 days with 4 years' service
- Cycle to work, gym discount
- Weekly onsite Pilates and Yoga classes, weekly onsite massages
- Financial support for employee activity groups and charitable activities
- Free fruit, drinks and snacks, limitless tea, coffee and good quality espressos
- Company branded hoodie… to keep you happy and comfortable
- Group personal pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Income Protection
- Personalised and Bango branded Chilly's bottle
App developers, stores and payment providers cross the threshold into the Bango ecosystem to converge, grow and thrive.
By bringing businesses together and powering e-commerce with unique data-driven insights, Bango delivers new business opportunities and new dimensions of growth for customers around the world. Being inside the Bango circle means global merchants including Amazon, Google and Microsoft can work together with payment partners from Africa to the Americas, accelerating the performance of everyone on the inside.
Bango. Thrive inside the circle.