With a passion for learning and a ‘can do’ attitude you will join a team that monitors and maintains the Bango environment.
2nd Line Engineer
Bango utilise a wide range of cutting edge technologies to deliver its services, and is actively scaling its operation on a global basis to support its growth. Working for Bango you will have high personal integrity, honesty, reliability and dedication.
- Acts as a primary escalation point and provides mentoring to 1st Line engineers
- Responsible for Tier 2 diagnosis and investigation of technical issues to ensure Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and preventative measures are undertaken
- Responsible for pro-active development of working tools and processes to ensure effective management of the Bango environment
- Responsible for the completion of RCA reports for Major Incidents
- Provides documented guides and technical workshops to peers in order to ensure appropriate knowledge sharing
- Work closely across functions to ensure priorities are aligned and SLA’s are met
- Responsible for documenting and implementing Change Requests including full test plan
- Responsible for documenting all issues and communication and providing updates to stakeholders in line with contracted SLA’s
- Participates in regular performance review meetings with customers as a Technical expert
- Minimum of 2 year’s experience in a technical support / NOC environment
- Working knowledge of SLA’s
- Experience of analysing data within a SQL database
- Proven track record of troubleshooting technical issues / complex problem solving
- High standard organisational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audience
- Proven track record of learning new technologies including employer specific software
- Level head, calm and clear thinking, open minded and flexible
- Experience acting as a service delivery manager or supplier manager
- Support of a web-based internet service operating in a ‘real time’ mission critical environment.
- Basic knowledge of SQL or other scripting language such as PowerShell / Python
- Experience of Windows Server, web servers, and a basic knowledge of .Net
- Understanding of AWS cloud services
- Experience of virtualisation, security or SAN
- Experience in performing maintenance, monitoring and optimization
- Good working knowledge of data security and protection.
- Friendly, informal working environment
- Your own Bango buddy - to help you settle in
- Bendi-time (flexible working hours)
- Bango social events
- Choose your own headphones, keyboard & mouse
- Generous share option scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- 25 days holiday a year increasing to 28 days with 4 years’ service
- Cycle to work, childcare vouchers, gym discount, massages
- Weekly onsite Pilates and Yoga classes
- Financial support for employee activity groups and charitable activities
- Free fruit, drinks and snacks, limitless tea, coffee and good quality espressos
- Company branded hoodie… to keep you happy and comfortable
- Group personal pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Income Protection
- Personalised and Bango branded Chilly's bottle
App developers, stores and payment providers cross the threshold into the Bango ecosystem to converge, grow and thrive.
By bringing businesses together and powering e-commerce with unique data-driven insights, Bango delivers new business opportunities and new dimensions of growth for customers around the world. Being inside the Bango circle means global merchants including Amazon, Google and Microsoft can work together with payment partners from Africa to the Americas, accelerating the performance of everyone on the inside.
Bango. Think inside the circle.