The Global Helpdesk is the main point of contact for all IT and telephony problems, supporting a 3000+ user-base globally for PA, and for a number of external client users. Support is provided in the Cambridge office between 07.00 – 23.00 and there is an expectation for all analysts to take part in covering these hours on a shift rota
1st Line Support Analyst
The role involves taking calls and e-mails from these users, diagnosing the nature of their issue via structured questioning techniques and resolving them at first point of contact wherever possible. We work to SLA’s and place service delivery as our top priority.
Calls that are not fixed at first point of contact are passed (via the Call logging application) to alternative support teams and are monitored for progression throughout their lifecycle.
We look to develop analysts’ skills and there will be opportunities to configure laptops and work within traditional 2nd line environments. PA will provide a chance to explore future career paths, you will also be involved in project work and have an opportunity to attend training courses.
This is a role that encompasses a number of different tasks and we look to ensure that the skills of an analyst ensure we meet our SLA’s. An analyst is expected to use their initiative and to work as part of the team to proactively improve the service being provided.
What we're looking for
A successful candidate should demonstrate / have:
- High standards of telephone communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Problem solving ability
- Excellent listening skills
- Demonstrate flexibility and be calm in stressful situations.
- Ability to work both in a team and as an individual
- Develop knowledge and skills accordingly
- Flexibility, Enthusiasm and motivation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Professionalism, helpfulness, & politeness at all times
- Mature attitude and an Adaptability to Change
- Private medical insurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.