Sphere Fluidics Limited is an established Life Sciences company, which manufactures instruments and specialist consumables for the global research community. The company is growing quickly and so we are looking for a highly motivated Supply Chain Manager to support the Operations team.
Supply Chain Manager
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Functional Area: Operations
Closing date for applications: 26th February 2021
Location of job: Cambridge
Company: Sphere Fluidics Limited
Job Type: Full-Time | Permanent
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for managing the complete cycle of material flow from suppliers to inventory to finished goods for instruments and consumables. The role ensures finished goods availability which meets the needs of Sphere Fluidics’ growing customer base.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of our global network of suppliers.
- Forecasting of materials requirements, conducting redundancy planning and risk management.
- Plan and execute procurement cycles and supply chain synchronisation for key products.
- Ensure suppliers and products conform to key environmental and safety standards.
- Maintain and produce professional Supply Chain documentation for current and emerging products.
- Manage and report on inventory, WIP and finished goods values.
- Work with R&D team to transfer engineering changes to manufacturing.
- Develop an annual Supply Chain Plan to feed into the broader Operations Plan.
- Update SOPs and process flows relevant to Supply Chain to ensure current practices are documented.
- Contribute to the wider Operations group with ad-hoc tasks and projects.
Education and Experience
- Previous experience within a Supply Chain role, ideally in a Life Sciences or Engineering organisation.
- Experience operating within an ISO9001:2015 environment is preferred.
- Minimum A-level or equivalent educational experience.
- Passionate about providing great service and achieving operational excellence.
- Applies a structured and methodical approach to key planning activities.
- Organised, diligent and pays high attention to detail.
- Competent negotiator with ability to understand interests of all parties.
- High individual and professional standards.
- Proactive, self-sufficient and highly motivated.
- Great communication skills.
- Confidence to raise issues and work towards resolutions collaboratively.
- Team oriented.
All Sphere Fluidics employees are given an employment package including a competitive salary; employee share options; 4x life insurance and auto enrolled in an Aviva Pension Scheme. Each employee is also encouraged to develop an annual development plan, including SMART objectives and training needs, as part of their career development. The position will be based in Cambridge, UK.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please e-mail your CV with a one-page covering letter including “Supply Chain Manager” in the title.
Salary circa: £38-£45k per annum, dependent upon experience
The closing date for applications for this position is 26th February 2021.