We have an open position for a Business Development Manager responsible for selling Owlstone Medical Breath Biopsy products and services to academic and clinical research institutions in the UK, Europe and Rest of World (excluding US, Canada and South American) territories. The successful individual will be primarily responsible for driving sales within their territory by managing the entire sales process from first contact to closing the order. This position will have a significant impact on our market growth in this sector.
Business Development Manager - Academia, Europe and RoW (Exc. US)
- Identify and develop new sales opportunities to generate profitable revenue for the company
- Consistently meet or exceed sales targets
- Develop and manage target key accounts to produce long term, consistent bookings and revenue growth
- Develop quarterly OKR (Objective and Key Result) plans to maximise chances of hitting sales targets for bookings and future pipeline growth
- Plan, prepare and execute on customer engagements with call planning and proper documentation of meeting minutes and action items
- Regularly update and manage the sales pipeline and opportunities in the CRM for accurate forecasting
- Coordinate with marketing and lead generation teams to recommend and support marketing and lead gen strategies and to provide guidance/direction in external marketing communications (tradeshows, emails, content etc.)
- Participate in relevant conferences and trade shows for lead generation, networking and to understand customer needs and applications
- Responsible for understanding customer’s current and emerging needs, providing trends and observations to leadership for market evaluation as well as highlighting areas of improvement for continued evolution of the Breath Biopsy offering
- The role will require you to travel for >25% of your time, when we are not in COVID-19 restrictions.
Competencies & Requirements of the role
- Bachelor degree in the field of life sciences
- Previous experience with a successful track record in sales relating to life science services, clinical services, platform services
- Experience in selling into customers such as academic, clinical research and government institutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Extensive customer contact and network
- Succeed in a fluid and fast paced environment, be comfortable with change and execute on strategic plans
- Strong work ethic, clear thinker, strong sense of urgency
- High organised with an ability to continuously prioritise customer facing activities that drive sales
- Assertive with a positive outlook, energy and performance-oriented attitude
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluency in another European language is desirable
- Preference will also be given to applicants with a PhD in biological or clinical sciences although this is not essential depending on past sales experience
- Past experience in the “omics” space preferred
About Owlstone Medical
Owlstone Medical is on a mission to save 100,000 lives and $1.5 billion in healthcare costs through the development and application of Breath Biopsy®. This involves collecting volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and respiratory droplets from breath, which can provide information about metabolic activity and markers related to health and disease.
Breath sampling has substantial advantages for the early detection of disease and to enable precision medicine approaches to patient care. To realize these advantages, Owlstone Medical offers Research Products and Services for biomarker discovery and is developing tests in applications including cancer, liver disease, asthma, and environmental exposure. Our work includes partnerships with major organizations including AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline, the Cleveland Clinic, and the NHS and our platform is in use at well over 100 clinical and academic sites worldwide.
Our leadership in breath is underpinned by our world-class and varied team, including systems engineers, clinical scientists, analytical chemists, artificial intelligence specialists and clinical trials coordinators.
The Owlstone group also commercializes a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defense.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a strong and vibrant team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes an Employee share options scheme and private medical insurance and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of a thriving start-up company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone Medical could be the place for you.
We do not accept applications from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list.