Salary per annum £19,500 to £22,500
Contract Type: permanent
IT Procurement Administrator
Salary per annum £19,500 to £22,500
A new opportunity has arisen in our IT -Service Delivery team. We are looking for an IT Procurement Administrator.
We welcome applications for full time and part time working (p/t minimum 25 hours per week)
About the role:
You will be the first point of contact for the provision of an IT procurement service to the Campus which includes procurement of hardware, software and licensing, as well as assisting in the delivery of a high quality, customer focused, IT and telecommunications service to the Institute.
As part of a 14 strong team, you will work alongside the IT service desk, responding to telephone calls and call logging tickets. You will be managing customer requests for hardware and software, supervising stock levels and liaising both with internal departments and suppliers to ensure timely delivery of ordered items, providing reports as necessary.
- Must be able to demonstrate an aptitude for working with IT.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of delivering customer focused services.
- Problem solving/analytical skills.
- Have the capacity and enthusiasm for learning new skills and technologies.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Have an understanding of the internet and global networks.
- Have an appreciation of computer hardware, peripherals and networking.
- ITIL qualification or knowledge of ITIL.
COVID-19 Recruitment Notice:
People remain at the centre of everything that we do, and that includes our response to COVID-19. The Wellcome Genome Campus is closed to all but essential functions and facilities. Our Campus Incident Management Team are continuing to monitor the Coronavirus outbreak, and advice from PHE and central government.
We are conducting all interviews virtually until further notice. You will be provided with further details at interview selection and should expect to be fully supported through this process. Thank you for your understanding.
Closing date: 28th March 2021
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a world leading genomics research centre. Our findings are used to improve health and to understand life on Earth.
There’s an attractive benefits package on offer at the Wellcome Genome Campus. We appreciate the importance of achieving work-life balance and support this with a number of family and carer-friendly policies. Plus a flexible working policy for those who may wish to amend their working pattern or arrangement.
As well as the usual benefits you would expect, we go much further:
- 25 days annual leave (extra 1 day to a maximum of 30 days for every year you work)
- Auto-enrolment into a generous Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme, with enhanced company contribution (for more information, see our Pensions page)
- Up to 2 days annual paid volunteering leave
- Up to 10 days paid Emergency Carers Leave per year
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, an on-site Workplace Nursery salary Sacrifice Schemes for pre-school children and Summer holiday club
- Life Assurance is accessible on day 1 for all
- Group Income Protection Scheme (if on a contract exceeding 12 months)
- Enhanced maternity, parental and adoption leave
- Access to substantial number of courses and training events onsite
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Eyecare and Dental payment plans
- Concessions and discounts from our corporate perks site
Being part of the Wellcome Genome Campus you will be part of the beautiful working environment with an impressive range of benefits, services and facilities also including:
- Free bus service to and from Campus, covering various routes around Cambridge, Saffron Walden and surrounding villages
- A car-share initiative
- Free parking
- A number of on-site venues where you can meet, eat and socialise with colleagues
- A thriving Sports and Social Club which provides members with subsidised access to a gym, tennis courts, sports hall, fitness classes and a vibrant social calendar of events
In 2020 we were awarded an Athena SWAN Silver Award. We will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.