We are a successful innovation and technology consultancy, helping clients shape their future by providing innovative answers to challenging technology questions. We combine technical excellence with a customer-focused, friendly service.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic HR professional to join our team as the first point of contact for HR and Payroll. To provide HR generalist, recruitment and payroll support to the business in person, by telephone and email, supported by our part-time People Director who will support you with complex queries when needed. To provide advice to our senior management team and group leaders with proactive management across all areas of the employee lifecycle. This is a new role and would suit someone who has worked in a similar size business maybe in a stand-alone role or part of a small team. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
• Support the part-time People Director to partner with the senior management team to implement a talent acquisition and people plan that supports the ambitions of this growing business. Being the first point of contact for all recruitment, interviewing and contract administration
• Administer the performance appraisal process and from it devise a Learning and Development plan that supports the training needs of all staff
• The implementation of an HRIS system that automates the holidays/sickness/absence recording and reporting and supports staff engagement
• Payroll and salary administration working alongside our external payroll provider
• Assist in the development and implementation of relevant policies and procedure
• Support staff engagement by owning and maintaining the employee assistance programme, providing full administration and promotion of the benefits
• Keeping up to date with legislative changes, contracts and policies, including diversity and inclusion in the work place
• Manage our Associate (Subcontractor) use and contracts
We offer a competitive package including 28 days’ holiday, private healthcare, a company performance-related bonus and even free lunches when in the office!
You will have:
• Level 5 CIPD; with ambition to progress to Level 7 over time
• Attention to detail and ability to analyse, interpret and explain data and employment legislation
• Good Excel, Powerpoint and Word skills
• Knowledge of relevant statutory obligations
• A proactive approach to self-development and the development of others
• Experience in interpreting employee engagement surveys and feedback
• Team player ability to work within the support team helping get work done
• The right to work in the UK
• Experience of working with a cloud based HRIS e.g. People HR or HiBob
The following experience would be highly advantageous, but not essential as training can be given:
• Payroll administration
If you are excited by this opportunity and believe you have the skills and experience to succeed, get in touch and tell us why. Please also send us a copy of your CV and quote reference HRA21.