An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented and experienced Systems Administrator to join our growing team at VNC Automotive.
IT System Administrator
March 2021 – Salary Range: Competitive + benefits, in a friendly and supportive flexible working environment.
VNC Automotive are a successful Cambridge (UK) based technology spin-out; and we are leading the way in finding creative, innovative and above all, effective ways to make time spent in-vehicle more entertaining and productive. As more and more advanced technology is used in the Automotive/Transportation sector, we present exciting opportunities to join our growing company at a pivotal time in our industry. Our connectivity and telematics software is deployed in over 25 million vehicles and counting, across 15 of the world’s largest automotive OEMs, including VW Group, Toyota, Honda, PSA and many more. We supply our software across the automotive ecosystem to equipment suppliers such as Bosch, Panasonic, Clarion, Pioneer and device vendors such as Sony and HTC.
As an experienced IT Professional, you will be technically confident, have demonstrable experience managing a live production environment and have the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team. You will be part of the management team playing a key role in shaping the company and ensuring the IT infrastructure is fit for purpose. This is a hands-on role, and as we grow, you will be responsible for building and leading the IT team. This role offers fantastic opportunities to expand your professional career delivering world-class automotive solutions.
The responsibilities of this role include:
• Management of all development, test, internal and live servers
• Management of our VMWare clusters
• Management of all storage, network and firewall infrastructure
• Management of our Atlassian services (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket)
• Administration of our Windows domain
• Management of our Office 365 services
• Ensuring a high reliability and availability of business systems
• Active involvement in the design process of an exciting range of new online services
• On-going administration responsibilities for new online services
• Providing general day-to-day IT support for our team
Your skills and experience should include:
• Demonstrable experience administering multiple servers including the following technologies:
o Linux Server and Desktop (Ubuntu 16.0.4+)
o Microsoft Windows Server (2016), Windows Desktops (7 to Win 10)
o Virtualisation Hypervisors including VMWare vSphere
o X86 based server hardware management
o Atlassian applications (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket)
o Scripting in Bash, PowerShell or Python would be desirable.
• Demonstrable experience administering networks utilising the following technologies:
o IP addressing, subnet masks & basic routing principles o Layer 2 network administration including VLANs & STP
o Firewall Management (experience of FortiOS would be beneficial)
• Demonstrable experience of managing a NetApp based storage infrastructure (including SnapMirror and SnapCenter)
• Knowledge of Continuous Integration processes and systems e.g. Jenkins
• Knowledge of Configuration Management e.g. Ansible
• The ability to work effectively both as part of a team and individually.
• The ability to manage multiple tasks and use initiative and judgement to take ownership for their successful completion within project deadlines.
• Demonstrable ability to think critically, work through problems logically and use skills and experience to troubleshoot unknown issues.
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to effectively explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
This is a rare opportunity to join a successful, growing, globally recognised company with an exciting future and huge potential and vision. The successful candidate will be compensated with an attractive package appropriate to qualifications and experience, to include a competitive salary and generous benefits including contributory pension, childcare vouchers and private dental and medical care. This is a full-time post (only 35 hours per week), based in our central Cambridge offices, but we believe in a healthy work/life balance and are happy to accommodate flexibility working arrangements.