We’re looking for an amazing People Team Business Partner to join our People Team (in other companies our People Team might be known as HR, but we think people are people… not resources) to support our rapidly growing business, based remotely currently but when things are back to normal, you’ll spend most of your time at our state-of-the-art offices in Milton, Cambridge.
People Team Business Partner
You’ll support our business managers in building and leading their teams of exceptional people, helping them to flourish in their roles, guiding them through performance management issues, navigating and resolving employee relations issues whilst questioning and challenging the status quo.
We can guarantee that no day will be the same but are likely to include:
- Business Partnering: Building and developing good working relationships with group leaders and managers particularly in the areas of Customer Success, Commercial and Medical Affairs; developing an in-depth understanding of their specific needs and the competitive environment, providing high quality, timely and accurate advice and guidance as required on all people matters.
- Stakeholder Management: Building relationships and credibility across the business, learning how to communicate with a variety of people with different backgrounds, capabilities and personalities in the ‘right’ way to enable you to influence them and take them along with you.
- Supporting CMRs global expansion: providing guidance on legal entities, works councils, contracts, benefits and working time directive. Working with external legal advisors to expediate expansion into new territories.
- People Management: leadership of two People Team Advisors and one People Team Assistant, providing coaching and support daily and helping them to develop and thrive in their roles to progress their careers, carrying out regular reviews and performance appraisals.
- Talent management: working with line managers to provide support on managing all levels of performance within their teams, creating development plans for key talent and building a strong succession pipeline
- Recruitment: partnering with the Recruitment team and line managers to provide support with recruitment across the business and globally, defining emerging roles and facilitating effective and innovative sourcing strategies whilst providing an excellent candidate experience
We are a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We would expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the People Team remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
This exciting role supports global teams so will require some flexibility around start/finish times to accommodate international time zones and will require occasional international travel.
To be successful in this role you’ll need to:
- Have a CIPD or equivalent qualification
- Know your stuff! Substantial experience at BP level, ideally with some gained in a start-up environment, we need you to be an expert on policies and procedures and good at imparting your knowledge in helpful and creative ways – we’re not looking for a Police officer!
- Be good at managing your time in a busy environment whilst at the same time demonstrating rigorous attention to detail
- Be a supportive people manager with excellent coaching skills; you’ll appreciate and acknowledge the strengths of your team members
Ultimately we need you to be courageous and resilient with plenty of drive and initiative. This is a complex but really rewarding role where there are lots of opportunities to make an impact.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package including non-contributory pension, private healthcare and a bonus scheme. In addition, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork. CMR is committed to promoting a diverse, open and collaborative work environment – a place where we can be ourselves and succeed on merit. We believe an environment like this is where ideas can truly flourish and balanced with a healthy dose of fun, it ensures that our people stay and develop. We welcome applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics.