Cloud Software Engineer
You’d be involved in the full software lifecycle from requirements gathering and design to deployment and monitoring.
In this role we are looking for someone who can:
- Enthusiastically engage with users to create great products that meet key engineering requirements
- Proactively recognise and contribute to improvements in processes and tooling
- Deliver project tasks within agreed timescales and budget
- Write clear and concise technical documentation
Alongside strong communication skills, you’ll have a degree in a STEM subject and be able to demonstrate strong software development skills honed through significant professional experience.
You're the kind of person who has a passion for high quality software, a strong desire to learn new skills and share your experience with your colleagues, and a determination to deliver great software within agreed timescales.
- Understanding of front-end and back-end development
- Experience working with AWS, or another cloud platform
- Able to provide technical leadership
- Experience of the full software lifecycle
- Experience of automated testing and continuous integration
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Great communication skills
- Experience mentoring junior developers
- A desire to help and support your fellow team members
- Motivated to improve outcomes for patients
We are growing our dev teams with a number of hires, looking for a mixture of specialist knowledge and all-round experience. Please tell us if you have experience of:
- TypeScript, Express, Git, UNIX, Docker, Terraform, SQL, Kotlin
- Development of RESTful APIs and services (especially OpenAPI specs, FastAPI, SQLAlchemy)
- Agile development methodologies, JIRA and TeamCity
- We work in the areas below. If you already have specialist knowledge in any of these, make sure to tell us:
- Front-end applications (React, Redux, HTML, CSS)
- Data engineering (telemetry, pipelines, data lakes, AWS Athena, ElasticSearch)
- Serverless (Lambdas, Serverless Framework)
- Amazon Web Services (RDS, Lambda, S3, SQS/SNS, API Gateway; deployment via Terraform)
- We start by reviewing your CV and cover letter; candidates with the most promising CVs are invited to an online first-stage interview. If you have a project you can talk about and share the code for, please provide relevant links in your covering letter. Don't worry if this isn't possible: we will talk about specifics from your CV instead.
- If you are selected for first-stage interview, we'll talk to you remotely about your experience and skills, and explain the role. We'll work on some code together, online.
- The second-stage interview, if you are selected, is also remote. A few of our team will talk to you and you will work on some code, online.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package including non-contributory pension, private healthcare and a bonus scheme. In addition, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork. CMR is committed to promoting a diverse, open and collaborative work environment – a place where we can be ourselves and succeed on merit. We believe an environment like this is where ideas can truly flourish and balanced with a healthy dose of fun, it ensures that our people stay and develop. We welcome applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics.