This role reports directly to our Chief Technology Officer and is the key to how we interact with our customer base. You’ll work with our external mobile application development team and customers to refine our existing mobile application ready for some of the world’s top athletes. This will range from developing the user experience and front-end interface, to optimising how the lower layers of code interact with our unique hardware. You’ll be responsible for migrating much of this development in-house, porting similar applications to iOS platforms, and to our own terminal hardware. Your direction will also play a key role in the management and development of our backend architecture based on AWS.
· Minimum experience of 2 years developing software within a commercial setting
· Experience in successful product development and launch
· Experience working with AWS and ideally serverless architectures
· Willingness to show the flexibility and versatility required to work in a fast-moving start-up environment
· Ability to learn new skills required to work through problems with minimal peer technical support
· Experience of instinctive GUI development and UX/UI design
· Experience in a client-facing role
· Own the multi-platform software development within the company and manage its ongoing development in line with the product roadmap and requirements
· Contribute to project and product planning and manage project plans for software development ensuring delivery of plans according to schedule
· Document both internal and external software development, from PRD through validation and to post-market surveillance
· Contribute to our in-house systems and processes, particularly software-orientated areas such as build version control and bug tracking
· Have excellent communication and teamwork skills, with the ability to work well with people from other technical disciplines
· Experience with developing Windows, Android and iOS applications in a commercial environment
· Experience in managing version control systems
· Development of software for medical applications. A working knowledge of, or the ability to adapt to, relevant standards would be particularly beneficial in this role.
· Mint Diagnostics is an innovative start-up re-defining how hormone data and salivary diagnostics can be used for Human Performance optimisation, incorporating elite sportswomen, and Personalised Healthcare. We are based at Eagle Labs in Cambridge.