The successful candidate will play a key role in the management of multiple drug discovery programmes from early research through to development and early clinical phases. Working within multi-disciplinary teams they will be responsible for the delivery of projects to defined plans, timelines and costs. In a fast-moving environment, they will need to be highly organised with outstanding attention to detail, have a pro-active approach to challenges and demonstrate exceptional team-working skills.
As a senior member of the Project Management Team, they will contribute to the strategic direction and growth of the group. The Senior Project Manager will have line management responsibilities and be expected to mentor less-experienced team members.
- Input into the preparation of project plans, budgets and contractual agreements.
- Contribute to scientific and operational discussions with clients and functional experts to define project strategy and goals.
- Manage in-house and outsourced project activities to deliver projects to agreed plans.
- Act as key point of contact for clients, collaborators and contract research organisations.
- Administer internal and external team meetings ensuring responsibilities are defined and stakeholders work to agreed plans.
- Drive high-performance of project teams, ensuring clear communication and effective decision-making.
- Manage scientific documentation and data for project progression, patent filing, regulatory submissions and in preparation for asset or corporate sale.
- Line manage other Project Managers.
- Work with the head of the group to design and implement the business strategy for the Project Management team.
- Contribute to the development of internal operational systems to support company growth.
- PhD in Life Sciences or equivalent relevant experience.
- Ideally a minimum of five years’ experience gained within a pharmaceutical or biotechnology company preferably in a project management role.
- Experience of the Project Management role on preclinical or early clinical project teams.
- Experience of small molecule drug development and regulatory submissions for early clinical trials is desirable.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong time management and organisational skills to enable planning of work on multiple projects during daily routine.
- Experience of working in a matrix organisation with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience of line managing and mentoring of less-experienced staff.
- Ability to resolve conflicts at different levels of the organisation to facilitate a positive outcome.
- Familiarity with standard Project Management tools and processes.
RxCelerate offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus scheme and company benefit package.
When applying for this role, please include a cover letter outlining how you meet the competencies described above. Interested applicants should send their cover letter and curriculum vitae in PDF format by the 30th April 2021.
Informal enquiries can also be directed to this email address.
Only applicants based in the UK and EU need apply, as this role does not qualify for international sponsorship.