Salary:in the region of £50,000
Learning & Development Project Lead
We have a new and exciting opportunity to join our Learning & Engagement team as a Learning & Development Project Lead.
Do you have a strong track record of designing and delivering training programmes across a diverse and wide-ranging organisation?
Do you enjoy technology and have an interest in virtual and e-learning platforms?
If so, this could be the role for you.
About the role:
This is a new role, and as such you will be able to bring your creativity to shaping our service and adding real value to the Learning & Engagement function.
- You will manage a number of exciting L & D projects and learning activities of strategic importance to the Institute.
- You will partner with senior managers and stakeholders to ensure projects are delivered to a high standard.
- You will need to have refined project management skills, as you will be expected to work on a number of high-priority projects.
If you’re inspired by this opportunity and have the right skills to drive forward our learning & development offer, then please get in touch.
We are especially interested to hear from candidates with Learning Management System experience.
- CIPD Level 5 or equivalent experience
- Qualification/certificate in Learning & Development/Training/Teaching
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrable track record of end to end management and delivery of multiple L&D projects from design to implementation
- Broad experience of providing L & D advice at a senior level on a professional environment
- Experience of designing and delivering training
- Experience of digital learning
- Demonstrable ability to produce clear L&D documentation, materials and specifications
- Excellent and confident IT Skills, including a good working knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Line management experience
- Learning Management Systems experience
- Experience of implementing continuous improvement
- Knowledge of designing or developing e-learning
Skills and Attributes
- Experience of influencing and persuading others
- Ability to communicate confidently with individuals and groups at all levels
- Proven ability to build excellent working relationships
- A desire to understand and experiment with new ideas and techniques
- Experience of working in a busy environment
- Personal resilience to manage competing priorities and a full understanding of the impact they have on others
- Ability to work autonomously and flexibly, displaying a high level of pride and ownership
- Outcome and impact focussed. Proven ability to come up with creative solutions to problems
- Organised with a high attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly
COVID-19 notice: People remain at the centre of everything that we do, and that includes our response to COVID-19. The Wellcome Genome Campus is closed to all but essential functions and facilities. Our Campus Incident Management Team are continuing to monitor the Coronavirus outbreak and advice from PHE and central government.
We are conducting all interviews virtually until further notice. You will be provided with further details at interview selection and should expect to be fully supported through this process. Thank you for your understanding during this time.
Successful candidates should expect to be fully supported through remote on-boarding and working from home until the Campus re-opens to all staff. This approach may vary for individuals located overseas and/or where a visa is required and starting will be based on a number of factors, we will be able to provide specialist advice to those affected candidates.
Flexible working/Part time considered:
We welcome applications for this position that are looking for part time hours of 30 hours p/w and flexible working, such as flexible start and finish times, and equal consideration will be given to individuals regardless of their working preferences.
Please apply with your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role using the criteria set out above and in the job description.
Closing date: 29th April, 2021
Interviews expected to take place on 26th and 27th May.