We are looking for an Associate Director of Content Marketing who can bring together the creative elements of visual design and storytelling to create compelling and relevant content for us.
Associate Director of Content Marketing
As part of the company’s continued growth and development, Cambridge Consultants is creating a new role to own our content marketing strategy and manage our internal creative team to realise it. This is a senior position within the marketing team responsible for leading content strategy and development to support our global operations.
We are looking for someone proven in delivering premium brand content marketing campaigns for a complex multinational organisation, and ideally with a successful track record within a technology-based professional services firm.
The role will suit someone with a keen understanding of how to bring together the creative elements of visual design and storytelling to create compelling and relevant content. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate that they think strategically, with an eye for positioning, detail and a passion for results-driven marketing campaign execution.
Main purpose of the job
As an Associate Director responsible for content marketing, you will create an overarching plan to support the commercial goals of our divisions and regions and promote our brand, with a consistent approach. You will guide the ongoing development and refinement of our messaging and creative identity to promote our unique service offering. This will result in the creation of content tailored to attract and engage potential clients, as well as sales enablement assets to help our commercial teams convert interest into contracts and develop client relations.
To achieve this, you will manage a creative team of 4 that cover graphic design, copywriting, animation, video and photography and final artwork preparation. You will lead creative team meetings and project deliveries that support the business, creating content to an agreed brief. You will be the final approver for all marketing content and monitor the performance (engagement and interaction) of marketing content in order to make necessary updates and improvements.
You will collaborate with corporate and divisional leadership team in the development, deployment, and enhancement of marketing content across the marketing channels such as our website, digital and social media, email campaigns, SEO/SEM etc. You will also be working closely with the commercial leadership teams to develop an achievable plan to prioritise the development of marketing content to meet the highest priority needs of the business.
To be successful you will keep up with the latest creative trends, marketing campaign best practices and emerging strategies in brand awareness, client acquisition, and customer nurturing and retention. Over time you will be expected to become a trusted expert in content marketing within the business and subsequently seen as the go-to person for delivering creative and impactful solutions to our content marketing needs.
Specific responsibilities (type of work undertaken):
- Work with the Director of Marketing, Communications and Brand and the Chief Commercial Officer on brand development
- Develop and implement a unified marketing content strategy, with associated annual content marketing plans to create enhanced understanding of the brand and service offerings, working collaboratively across the business to ensure it meets our organisational objectives for growth
- Working with divisional marketing, digital marketing and events, to develop and execute cross divisional marketing campaigns to drive engagement with content and generate Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs)
- Manage a robust and achievable content calendar that supports known external communication timings for events and client project announcements
- Review all aspects of the current customer case study creation and delivery process and manage a project to improve our ability to promote our client relationships.
- Oversee the development of interesting, well-researched, content obtained through the business, to drive website traffic, to engage and convert target clients, and improve shared content across social media channels; content to include white papers, blog posts, website copy, eBooks, case studies, webinars, videos, presentations and other content as needed, working with digital marketing, divisional marketing, and the creative team
- Drive a thought leadership programme that informs the content plan, positioning the CC brand in the big future tech opportunities working with the Technology Strategy team and Chief Technology Officer. At a more granular level work with the divisional heads of technology on thought leadership subjects that promote existing capabilities that help to differentiate us from the competition
- Work with divisions and the commercial teams to develop content to support sales enablement and customer nurturing
- Be the final approver for all marketing content, ensuring it is on brand and meets the content brief
- Work with stakeholders within the business to optimize delivery strategy for each piece of content to ensure it supports a targeted approach
- Establish a workflow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content and implement appropriate CMS.
- Ensure that all communications adhere to brand and communications standards of CC and Capgemini
- Provide accurate and timely project reporting on all content marketing activities
- Keep up with current industry trends and topics to ensure effective content marketing and constantly look for opportunities to drive improvements
- Demonstrable background with a minimum of 5 years’ experience at a senior level managing the content marketing within a global business, preferably either technology focused or a technology-based professional services firm
- Experience in well planned, prioritised marketing campaign activities
- Credibility as an advisor up to C-level executives with a track record of shaping the marketing content plans as well as implementing them.
- Strong knowledge and applied use of contemporary integrated marketing communications practices and techniques.
- Degree level education with professional qualifications in marketing and design subjects.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), ability to craft compelling copy with accuracy, and a keen eye for detail
- Proven planning and organisation skills combined with experience of managing and mentoring other people within a team.
- Self-starter, with good problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure.