At Owlstone Medical we have a position available to join our IT team of four, as a Windows System Administrator reporting into our Head of IT. The role will see you provide technical support to the business and assist with upcoming project work. This will include (and not limited to) desktop, infrastructure, and project support. In addition, you will keep up to date with the latest technologies and most importantly, demonstrate a key willingness to learn.
Windows System Administrator
Our IT team at Owlstone Medical is passionate about supporting the business and supporting us in our growth and development, and this is an exciting opportunity to grow and develop your skills within a technical, knowledgeable and friendly environment.
Key Accountabilities within the role
- Provide support to Owlstone Medical staff, with a user base circa 200 based both in the UK and US.
- Deliver infrastructure support and maintenance to internal systems.
- Support core Windows infrastructure (Active Directory, DHCP, DNS).
- Maintain backup infrastructure.
- Research and delivery of upcoming project work.
- Proactively communicate the status, plan of action(s), and resolution(s) of issues
- Provide 3rd line escalation / support for desktop systems.
Competencies & Requirements of the role
- Windows 10 desktop OS
- Windows Server 2008 – 2019 experience
- Microsoft 365 experience including security and compliance centre, SharePoint & Intune
- Moderate experience with Azure platform.
- Virtualisation technology including VMware
- Experience with back technologies, most notably Veeam backup and replication
- Experience & Understanding of domain fundamentals including DHCP/DNS and Group policies.
- Hardware support
- Switch and router support
- Familiarity with WDS and other imaging solutions
- Familiarity of automation and Scripting such as Powershell
- Support of Linux ubuntu O.S
- Any IT related qualifications desirable
- Microsoft Dynamics 365
About Owlstone Medical
Owlstone Medical is on a mission to save 100,000 lives and $1.5 billion in healthcare costs through the development and application of Breath Biopsy®. This involves collecting volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and respiratory droplets from breath, which can provide information about metabolic activity and markers related to health and disease.
Breath sampling has substantial advantages for the early detection of disease and to enable precision medicine approaches to patient care. To realize these advantages, Owlstone Medical offers Research Products and Services for biomarker discovery and is developing tests in applications including cancer, liver disease, asthma, and environmental exposure. Our work includes partnerships with major organizations including AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline, the Cleveland Clinic, and the NHS and our platform is in use at well over 100 clinical and academic sites worldwide.
Our leadership in breath is underpinned by our world-class and varied team, including systems engineers, clinical scientists, analytical chemists, artificial intelligence specialists and clinical trials coordinators.
The Owlstone group also commercializes a range of highly innovative products based on its proprietary FAIMS chemical sensing technology in other markets including Scientific, Industrial Process Control, Military and Homeland Defense.
We offer a relaxed, friendly, flexible and international working environment with a strong and vibrant team-spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes an Employee share options scheme and private medical insurance and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of a thriving start-up company set to succeed on a global scale, Owlstone Medical could be the place for you.
We do not accept applications from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list.