We believe that success is a journey undertaken by aligned individuals who respect and enjoy each other, an ethos that since its inception has enabled Mogrify to redefine what is possible for a newly formed biotech. In 2019, we have raised over $20 million USD funding, established a team with unparalleled track records and received recognition from industry peers for our innovation and potential to be transformative in the discovery and development of new medicines.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly skilled and ambitious Senior Bioinformatician who wants to push the boundaries of cell reprogramming and work on cell and gene therapy projects. Joining Mogrify means being part of a passionate and innovative team of world experts as part of a growing company.
At Mogrify, you will:
- Explore new data sources, plan and progress new project ideas to initiate novel proof-of-concept projects.
- Conduct high-level bioinformatics research aimed at the development of novel therapeutic and non-therapeutic projects.
- Work as a pivotal part of the research and development team, conducting complex data analyses independently, as well as part of a wider project group.
- Provide high-level scientific expertise for new and ongoing research projects, contributing to all phases of a project, from experimental design through to execution and reporting.
- Collaboratively work with our scientific and commercial teams to evaluate the feasibility and desirability of the new projects.
- Analyze and interpret challenging data, including single-cell datasets, from multiple cell conversions, identifying and resolving technical issues.
- Develop Mogrify’s data analysis infrastructure as part of the Cell Informatics team.
- Act as a mentor to junior staff within the company.
- Provide technical training in specific techniques and technologies.
- Seek new ways of working or improving current processes to increase capacity and/or enhance quality.
- PhD or MSc in Computational Biology or related field, plus 5/8 years of follow-on experience, respectively.
- Proficiency in R and Python, and expertise in high-throughput sequencing data analysis and integration.
- Direct single-cell data analysis experience is highly desirable.
- 4+ years working in human disease/biology.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment, and successfully manage complex projects against defined timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to promote and encourage working in a highly collaborative environment with other scientists (internally and externally).
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Team player, self-motivated with positive thinking and “can-do” attitude.
How will you be rewarded?
We look for great, not good, rewarding hard work with upper quartile remuneration and a highly competitive benefits package including:
- Contributory pension
- Health and dental insurance
- Share options scheme
- Income protection
- 25 days’ annual leave
How can you apply?
If this sounds like you and you share our core values, and you can also bring something new to our culture, we’d love to share our journey with you. To learn more and apply, please send your CV and a covering letter stating the title of the position you are applying.